Study Questions Chapts. 9 & 10
- Describe two specific ways in which the work of Charles Darwin impacted psychology. Make sure that your answers apply to psychology in particular.
- Galton was a man of firsts. Describe three things that Galton was the first to use, do, or say.
- James McKeen Cattell is described as psychology’s great publisher, promoter, and businessman. Give evidence to support each of these three qualities.
- Angell summarized the differences between Functionalism and Structuralism in his APA presidential address. What did he say?
- What modification did Woodworth propose to the standard S-R paradigm? What was his criticism of the paradigm, and how was his modification going to improve upon it?
- Describe one of Thorndike’s learning experiments with cats. Include an explanation of the law of effect. What did his critics complain about?
Last revised: 6 January 2005