Study Questions Chapts. 7
- One of the first topics of research by Gestalt psychologists was
apparent motion. What is apparent motion? How is it created? What was its
significance to the Gestaltists?
- Describe the differences between Köhlers insight learning and
Thorndikes trial-and-error learning. What were the main differences in
the experiments set up by these researchers?
- What is topological psychology? Describe its major elements and the
sorts of questions examined in this field of research. How is it an
example of Gestalt psychology?
- What contributions did Tamara Dembo make to Gestalt psychology?
Include in your answer a description of two different areas of research in
which she was involved.
- Describe Lewin's research on leadership styles. Which styles did he
investigate, what population did he use, and what conclusions did he
- Why does Koehler not regard caution and a critical spirit as the most
important virtues of a scientist?
Last revised: 12 January 2009