Study Questions Chapts. 5 & 6
- Titchener believed that there were three tasks facing psychology as a science of the mind. What were these tasks? How did Titchener divide his time among the three tasks?
- Describe the career of Margaret Floy Washburn. Include information
about her schooling, her research interests, and the progression of her
- Describe three areas under the heading of forensic psychology that Münsterberg contributed to. Give specific information about his findings or recommendations. How did the legal profession react to his work?
- What is psychophysics? Name and describe three measures utilized in psychophysics and describe how each one is determined in an experiment.
- Ebbinghaus used one basic procedure for most of his experiments. Describe this procedure. Explain three major findings that came out of this research. What has been a recent criticism of the Ebbinghaus procedure?
- How were psychological acts investigated by Külpe and his
Give specific examples of the sorts of research conducted in his
Last revised: 12 January 2009