Study Questions Chapts. 4
- Name three areas of psychology that Wundt did research in. For each area, describe an example of his method and a statement of what he (or his students) found.
- Why is Wundt considered the founder of psychology and what reason did Wundt have for suggesting that psychology was founded in 1879?
- Describe the roles of Maskelyne, Kinnebrook, Bessel, and Donders in the history of the measure of reaction times.
- Describe the "double aspect" resolution of the mind-body problem and Wundt's position.
- Why is Donders often called the founder of cognitive psychology? What research did he do and how is it
relevant to modern research?
- In what ways did chemistry provide a practical and theoretical resource for Wundt's experimental
Last revised: 12 January 2009