Study Questions Chapts. 12
- What were Pavlovís views on the causes of neuroses? What experiments
led him to an interest in this area? Did he apply this to humans?
- Why did Watson ask for "a dozen healthy infants?" What did he say he
would/could do with them? How is this related to his behaviorism?
- "Psychology, as the behaviorist [Watson] views it, is a purely
objective, experimental branch of natural science which needs
introspection as little as do the sciences of chemistry and physics."
- How did Pavlov make use of Hippocrates' theory of four humors?
- Why did Watson believe advertising was a field he was particularly
well suited for? What contributions and innovations did he bring to the
world of advertising?
- Who was Edwin Twitmyer? Describe the research that he conducted that
is relevant to behaviorism.
Last revised: 23 January 2009