Study Questions Chapts. 1 & 2
- Explain Aristotle's theory of memory.
- How do the philosophies of rationalism and empiricism differ? Name at
least one individual who supported each, and offer evidence to support
- Describe one of the following: Zeno’s paradox of motion, Democritus’
theory of perception, Hippocrates’ theory of thirst. Include in your
description why it is relevant to modern psychology.
- Describe two specific contributions of Galileo. How does Galileo's
legacy live on in psychology and other scientific disciplines?
- Two major scientists of the Renaissance era were from England: Newton
and Harvey. Describe what each of these men did and explain how they
changed the perspectives of future scientists.
- Compare and contrast the positions of nativism, empiricism, and
associationism. Name a key figure of each position.
Last revised: 6 January 2005