Study Questions Chapts. 11
- What was the controversy about between Binet at La Salpêtrière and
Liébault at Nancy? What phenomena were they examining, what positions did
the two make, and who was ultimately correct?
- In what ways was the Army Testing Program of WWI a success for
psychology? In what ways was the program a failure? How were things
different after the war because of this work?
- Two people in Chapter 11 have been accused of deliberately altering
their data. Who were they, and what data were they accused of altering?
What alternative explanations have been offered to perhaps excuse these
- What is to be concluded from Burt's twin study data? What are the
arguments for and against the accusation that he committed fraud. What's
the current status of this debate?
- Descrobe what Goddard did at Ellis Island. What were some
methodological problems with what he did?
- Describe one test proposed by Binet (1905) that is independent of
spoken or written language.
Last revised: 22 January 2009