Study Questions Chapts. 1 & 2
- Where did the phrase 'having your head examined' originate?
- Name three 19th Century practitioners who were involved in the delivery of 'psychological' services and
briefly describe their practices.
- What role did the 1893 Chicago World's Fair play in helping shape the opinion of the American public
- What do G. Stanley Hall, James McKeen Cattell and Harry Kirke Wolfe have in common?
- Describe the contribution of David Shakow to the training of clinical psychologists.
- What is the difference between certification and licensure? Why are they important?
- In what ways have the World Wars influenced the development of clinical psychology?
- Describe the influences that helped shape clinical psychology at the turn of the previous
Last revised: 6 January 2005