Study Questions: Chapt. 8
- what is Morgan's Canon? How did it influence animal research?
- Who was "little Albert" and what role did he play in the history of behaviorism?
- How did Edward Tolman's neobehaviorism differ from that of Clark Hull's?
- How did Skinner's and Thorndike's methods of conditioning differ from that of Pavlov?
- Why did John Watson decide to enter the field of advertising?
- Comment on John Watson's (1913) behaviorist manifesto where he claims, "Psychology, as the behaviorist views it, is a purely objective, experimental branch of natural science which needs introspection as little as do the sciences of chemistry and physics."
Last revised: 29 January 2007