Study Questions: Chapt. 7
- Before developing psychoanalysis Freud worked with several important men. Name two of them and describe what Freud got from each.
- What happened to American psychology as a result of Freud's visit and lectures at Clark University in 1909?
- Psychoanalysis is regarded as both a theory and a method. A theory of what and a method of what? Explain.
- Name and describe the views of two Neo-Freudians. How did their views differ from Freud's?
- "Anno O. has long been considered a cornerstone case for psychoanalysis." Why?
- "Charing Cross" and "the monument" are mentioned in Freud's First Lecture. Why?
Last revised: 29 January 2007