Study Questions: Chapt. 4
- G. Stanley Hall has a number of notable "firsts" in the history of psychology to his credit. Name five such "firsts."
- Mary Whinton Calkins was an important early psychologist. Describe three notable high or low points in her career.
- What was the Child Study Movement and what happened to it?
- In what way did Cattell's editorial skills and position contribute to the emerging science of psychology?
- What happened at the World's Columbian Exposition (The Chicago World's Fair) that was of importance to psychology?
- Describe one limitation of structural psychology and one of functional psychology that led Calkins to suggest a reconciliation between the two.
Last revised: 29 January 2007