Study Questions: Chapt. 2
- Describe the work of Pierre Flourens and Paul Broca relevant to the theory of cortical localization.
- Explain the "law of specific nerve energies." Who is credited with its discovery?
- Helmholtz maintained that the speed of nerve conductance was measureable and considerably slower than the speed of light. What kinds of research did this realization lead to?
- What was the insight that Fechner had on October 22, 1850, and what did it lead to?
- Describe two psychophycical theories attributed to Helmholtz.
- Briefly describe the medical history of Paul Broca's patient, Tan.
Last revised: 22 January 2007