Please visit www.vandanasingh.com for current updates
Dr. Singh is an Assistant Professor in School of Information Sciences at University of Tennessee Knoxville since Fall 2008. She is also the Coordinator for the undergraduate Information Technology Minor at UTK.
Singh was featured as Quest Scholar of the Week by UTK for the week of July 11 to July 18, 2009 Scholar of the Week
Singh graduated with a PhD from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in May 2008. Her dissertation research is on Online Communities to Support the Users of Open Source Software. For more details about my research please click here . She holds two masters degrees, one in Computer Science from University of Chicago and the other one in Knowledge Management Systems from Wageningen University, the Netherlands. Her undergraduate degree is from Pantnagar University, in the foothills of Himalayas in India. Please browse through the links above to know more details about Dr.Singh
Her research interests are in Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Human Computer Interaction, Online Communities, Open Source Software, Knowledge Management Systems and Information Systems.
- PhD University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign 2008 Information Science
- M.S. University of Chicago 2006 Computer Science
- M.Sc. Wageningen University 2001 Knowledge Management Systems
- B.Sc. Pantnagar University 1998 Major Economics
- IMLS Early Career Grant
- NSF IEECI Exploratory Grant
- Increasing Biodiversity Information Sources (IBIS) United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- IMLS Program Development Grant ITRL
- IMLS Program Development Grant ScienceLinks2
- Human Computer Interaction
- Computer Supported Cooerative Work
- Open Source Software
- Technical Customer Support
- Online Communities
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Information Systems
Dr. Singh finished her doctoral dissertation in May 2008. The dissertation research focussed on technical support for the users of Open Source Software. The pilot study for this work was published in HICSS 2006 and was awarded best research paper of the mini-track award. (PDF Full Text). The first results of h erdissertation are published in CSCW 2008 Notes and received "Best Notes Award".
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee
449 Communications Bldg.
1345 Circle Park Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-0341
Phone: (865) 974-2785
Fax: (865) 974-4967