Volume 90.1-2 (Spring/Summer 2007)
Back to "Past Issues"
Publication date: January 2008.
A Special Issue of Soundings on Emergence Theory
Edited by Jan Trembley and Anne Dalke
- Jan Trembley and Anne Dalke - Introduction: The Nature of Things
- Paul Grobstein - From Complexity to Emergence and Beyond: Towards Empirical Non-Foundationalism as a Guide for Inquiry
- Tim Burke - Complexity and Causation
- Mark Kuperberg - The Two Faces of Emergence in Economics
- Anne Dalke - Where Words Arise and Wherefore: Literature and Literary Theory as Forms of Exploration
- K. David Harrison and Eric Raimy - Language as an Emergent System
- Karen Greif - Can We Model a Cell? Emergent Approaches to Biological Research
- A. M. Albano - Termite Computers: Entropy Is What You Don't Know