The University of Tennessee - Knoxville
AGENDA FOR MEETING OF SEPTEMBER 9, 1996
3:30 PM, 8th Floor Board Room, Andy Holt Tower
Compiled by Bill Blass, Council Chairperson
1. Welcome, Introductions, Announcements -- Chair: 3:30-3:40 p.m.
2. State of the Research Enterprise -- VC Devine: 3:40-3:55 p.m.
a. Key results from FY '96
b. OR Workshops
c. Office of Industry Programs and Technology Transfer
d. Transcript of remarks by the President of the University of Florida
3. Comments from Assoc. VC Walker: 3:55-4:03 p.m.
a. New "Yellow" sheet
b. OR/Treasurer's Office interactions
4. Introduction - VC/II Sue Mettlen: 4:03-4:10 p.m. ( room here for a few comments from Sue?)
5. Chair's requests regarding Committee Assignments: 4:10-4:15 p.m.
6. Status and Plans for "new" Sponsored Programs Report and new Biennial Review -- Zoe Hoyle: 4:15-4:20 p.m
7. Policies and Procedures Committee
a. View from the Office of Research: 4:20-4:25 p.m.
b. View from the RC Chair: 4:25-4:28 p.m.
c. View from the Committee Chair: 4:28-4:33 p.m.
8. Where do we go from here? Improving research in a time of budget reductions. What processes are being used to set budget priorities? What processes should we advocate? Keynoted by VC Devine -- discussion moderated by Chair. 4:33-4:55 p.m.
9. Old Business
10. New Business
11. Adjourn: 5:00 p.m.