Research Council Agenda
Monday, October 9, 2000
3:30 PM, 8th Floor Board Room, Andy Holt Tower
- Introductory remarks
- Updates from Office of Research & Information Technology (ORIT)
(Questions submitted by members of Research Council are included)
- T. Dwayne McCay - Vice President, ORIT
- What is the status of having continuing funding the
workstation refresh program in the University's budget? (We have
heard that there is one-time funding on the current budget.)
- Other than funding, what measures are being used to evaluate
research, creative achievement and scholarly activity?
- What is the status of the search for the VP for the Office of
Research (Knoxville campus)?
- Are we now using the new top 25 list of public universities
from U.S. News & World Report?
- Arlene Garrison - Research Innovations/Research Centers of
- Academic Plan of Excellence Research Centers: Process for
selection? Criteria used for evaluation? Evaluators? Plan for
assessment of these centers in the future?
- Lee Magid - ORNL Liaison
- General update of ORNL/UT association
- Lillian Mashburn - Federal Relations
- Ken Walker
- Describe the review process for already existing centers.
How will this be related to the Academic Plan of Excellence
- Describe COEUS, the new sponsored programs database system.
- Old business
- New business
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated October 6, 2000.