What is Pi Tau Sigma?
Pi Tau Sigma is the national Honorary Mechanical Engineering Society and is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies. There are chapters at universities in almost every state of the United States.
The concept of Pi Tau Sigma was initiated simultaneously at the University Illinois and the University of Wisconsin in 1915. Pi Tau Sigma was formed in 1916 by these two schools. Purdue University and the University of Minnesota were chartered in 1922 and growth has continued since then. A short history of each chapter is given in "The Story of Pi Tau Sigma."
Objectives of Pi Tau Sigma:
1. Foster high ideals in the engineering profession
2. Stimulate and support departmental activities
3. Promote professional welfare
4. Develop leadership and citizenship
Active Membership Qualifications:
1. Top one fourth of the junior class
2. Top one third of the senior class
1. Undergraduate degree from a school not having a
Pi Tau Sigma chapter
2. Recommendation from two Pi Tau Sigma faculty members
Lifetime membership is $40 payable at initiation
Website maintained by John Tencer