Summer research at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville
May 20-July 26 2013
The department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville is offering a 10-week summer research program, providing undergraduate students with the opportunity to carry out research at the forefront of materials science and engineering. During the ten-week period, students will work under the guidance of MSE faculty and graduate students on a research project in the area of synthesis and characterization of advanced functional materials. Students will also participate in an organized program of lectures, laboratory visits (including the nearby Oak Ridge National Laboratory) and a variety of recreational activities.
- Open to undergraduates who are US Citizens or permanent residents.
- Selection will be based on academic standing and faculty recommendations.
- Minority and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All chemistry, physics and engineering majors are welcome to apply.
- Program includes $500/week stipend, on-campus housing, and a $250 travel allowance, but does NOT cover food.