The following article mentions the most required things to bring from India
The following article mentions the things that have to be delt as soon as a student reaches Knoxville
Most Indian students prefer to choose off-campus apartments over University dormitories. Below is a catalog of off-campus apartments common among Indian students.
- Average cost of a 1 BHK is $550 and that of a 2 BHK is $725/month, most cases including water
- Electricity charges vary from $80 - $120 per month depending on the weather conditions.
- Average cost of groceries - $225 / month / person. Average cost per meal in a restaurant - $12
- $150 for bus pass, per semester (as on June 2019).
- Internet service may cost up to $50 per household.
- Cell phone service may cost up to $50 per person.
DisclaimerThis site is maintained by Manthan, the Indian Students' Association at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK). The content of this website is aimed at providing general information to the students with Indian origin planning to take up studies at UTK. We take no responsibilities for any kind of completeness and reliability. Any reliance on the data is at your own risk. The images in this website are borrowed from google and have copyrights ©.