The following article has a collection of documents required for various background students
The following article will give details pertaing Knoxville
The climate in Knoxville is moderate when compared to most other American cities. The temperature will be about 90° F/35°C in summer and lows of about 10° F/-12°C in winter. Knoxville also gets snow for a couple of times in January. Since most Indians find it difficult to adapt to the winter climate, it is advisable to have protective clothing including jackets, glouse, muffler etc. While these are cheaper in India, we suggest that you buy them here, since these items are of much better quality here.
- Within UTK Campus : Free ride on regular routes operated at regular intervals. More information can be seen in the transit tab of UT app. Call in and request ride from points that are not covered by these routes.
- Outside UTK campus : KAT offers a wide range of bus services in Knoxville. UT students are offered a semester pass at a discounted price.
- Average cost of groceries - $225 / month / person. Average cost per meal in a restaurant - $9.
- UTK students get a discounted semester KAT bus pass from ticketing office located in the university center, go to link
- Intercity (or state) : Greyhound offers intercity and interstate bus services.
- Renting a car is easy if you have a valid driver’s license issued by an US state or International driving license.
DisclaimerThis site is maintained by Manthan, the Indian Students' Association at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK). The content of this website is aimed at providing general information to the students with Indian origin planning to take up studies at UTK. We take no responsibilities for any kind of completeness and reliability. Any reliance on the data is at your own risk. The images in this website are borrowed from google and have copyrights ©.