Taped Language Program
How to Register
Student Study Guide
Mahagi LaCure, Director
701 McClung Tower
Dept of Modern Foreign
- If you intend to take a course under the Taped
Program, open the Application and Contract
form (PDF file) and go to the NASILP homepage as directed. Listen to the interview “What
does it take to be a NASILP student?” to understand the
nature of self-instructional language programs. We use a modified self-instructional program.
and fill out the student Application and Contract
form, submit it to the office of Dept. of Modern Foreign Languages
and Literatures, 701 McClung Tower, with ‘Attention: Mahagi
- The director will contact you if there is a need.
keep in mind that the courses are not for native speakers.
- Syllabus, course schedule, and supplementary materials
will be available on Blackboard
about 2 weeks prior to the start of each semester. Use your Net ID
and password to access Blackboard.
- Watch instructional videos, “Text, Tape and
Tutor” (30 minutes) and "What did the Student
Learn" (40 minutes) from Blackboard. These
videos are old but very informative.
- Attendance on the first day of each semester is
mandatory. If you are absent, you may be dropped from the class.
Last edited: 12/25/2012