Thank you for your feedback!
Please tell me what you think about my web site. What did you like or not like about them? Were they useful and educational? In what areas could I improve these web pages? I take your comments seriously! Simply contact me by e-mail (use the link at the top) and tell me what you think.
Current Feedback Page
Feedback Archive Page 9
Feedback Archive Page 8
Feedback Archive Page 7
Feedback Archive Page 6
Feedback Archive Page 5
Feedback Archive Page 4
Feedback Archive Page 3
Feedback Archive Page 2
Feedback Archive Page 1
- "I found you, many years ago, on your magnificent
and beautiful website The Science of Tree Rings
which I really enjoyed."
- Rosalía B. Martín Franquelo, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
- "This is an appreciation email for your wonderfully
(and endlessly) useful website. On behalf of my
principal investigators and fellow researchers, I'd like
to thank you and your team for helping facilitate the
learning of dendrochronology."
- Farrah Beattie, California State University San Marcos
- "I was at your site a few years ago and enjoyed what
you have done and have shared. Thank You kindly."
- Jeron Hanson
- "I have already learned so much from your papers, as
well as your website and its abundant resources. Thank
you for that!'
- Alexander Held, University of Oregon
- "Your website is fascinating!"
- Kristi Shoemaker, Forest Park Nature Center, Peoria Heights, Illinois
- "Your Science of Tree Rings website is such a great
resource, thank you for putting all this information
together for public access!"
- Kristyn Housman, McMaster University
- "I have just discovered your website which is really
splendid. I have found it fascinating and highly
instructive and as a total novice in your field it is a
tremendously valuable resource."
- James Warden, Canberra, Australia
- "What a great WEB SITE!!"
- Bob Williams, Pine Creek Forestry, New Jersey
- "I also really like the Dendro website you made,
it's very helpful for someone relatively new to the
- Ben Freeman, Georgia Southern University
- "I am just beginning to understand how vast this
subject is and as a novice would be grateful for some
help or guidance. Your website is chock full of
information and I have looked through a great deal of
it, thank you for devoting so much of your time to
- MaryJo John
- "Your web site is fantastic!"
- Thom Morin
- "A lovely web site!"
- Moina McMath Walton, Oregon State University
- "I’ve enjoyed visiting your website for many years
and really appreciate your photos."
- Jane Kapler Smith, USDA Forest Service, Missoula, Montana
- "I’ve just looked at your site and offer my praise
and thanks. I’m impressed, very well done."
- Rob Field, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- "I was extremely impressed with your
dendrochronology website and do appreciate the amount of
time and energy you devoted to this remarkable feat."
- Steve Libert, President, Great Lakes Exploration Group LLC
- "I am impressed with your web site and work!"
- Robert Hard, Department of Anthropology, University of Texas at San Antonio
- "Congratulations for your website, it is really
accurate, updated and rich of information."
- Lorenzo Rossi, Dept. of Plant & Microbial Biology, North Carolina State University
- "Thanks, as well, for your generous sharing of your
knowledge in this area. Your website, which I’m sure is
a chore to keep up, is tremendously helpful."
- Mike Thompson, Penobscot Environmental Consulting, Inc., Camden, Maine
- "I just discovered your wonderful web page!"
- Irka Hajdas, Laboratory of Ion Beam Physics, Zurich, Switzerland
- "I had no idea how beautiful these cross sections
are. Some are breathtaking, really. Once I started
looking at them I had to look at another one and another
- Michael Hughes, Edinburgh, Scotland
- "Congratulations for your webpage. It is great and
contains a lot of information on Dendrochronology."
- Tobias Biechele, Wiesloch, Germany
- "I knew nothing of the subject previously save the
basic definition of the word. I now think I have a good
understanding of the science and the technique, which is
what I needed."
- Sherry Hughes
- "As always I enjoy your remarkable, and indeed
ULTIMATE, tree-ring website! I can only imagine the work
it takes to keep this up!"
- Connie Millar, USDA Forest Service, Albany, California
- "Thank you for your fantastic tree ring site! It's
been so helpful to me."
- Susan McIlroy, USGS Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center. Boise, Idaho
- "I wanted to say thank you for providing people with
all this fantastic information! Thank you for taking the
time to do so!"
- Agustina Rosati, Tucson, Arizona
- "I love your website btw! "
- Femke Dolstra, Silve, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- "I'm a mentor at the local community center. The
kids that I mentor wanted me to email you and let you
know that they think your page, on trees and tree rings
is very helpful!"
- Monica Kent
- "It is an honor to congratulate you as the recipient
of the 2014 Geographic Excellence in Media (GEM) Award
from the National Council for Geographic Education for
the "Science of Tree Rings" website."
- Jacqueline Waite, Director of Educational Affairs
- "Thanks for putting so much effort into helping
others to teach and learn (more) about
- Julia Hjalmarsson, Sweden
- "Thanks for the heads-up. I really like the site –
it is beautiful and informative. Congratulations on the
- Dean Theresa M. Lee, College fo Arts and Sciences, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- "Congratulations, Henri! Great to see you get this
level of formal recognition for your efforts with the
website, which I and many others have long appreciated."
- Jeff Lukas, via Facebook
- "Great news Henri!! Formal recognition is so
important and I echo others here when I say it's a great
resource - thank you!"
- Jodi Axelson, via Facebook
- "Congratulations on being selected for the GEM
award! Your website is impressive!"
- Kevin Durand, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- "This award is overdue, but it's very reassuring to
hear about the recognition!"
- Pat Pringle, via Facebook
- "Let me join the chorus - Well deserved
- Chris Baisan, University of Arizona, via Facebook
- "Congratulations, Henri! It is a great resource for
all of us."
- Michael Pisaric, via Facebook
- "Congratulations and thank you for developing and
making ever better this web resource, the go-to place
for tree ring information. So glad it's there to refer
- Elisabeth Wheeler, via Facebook
- "Congrats, and thanks for all you do. It's a great
- Steve Nash, Denver Museum of Natural History, via Facebook
- "Well done and well deserved!"
- David R. Butler, Texas State University, via Facebook
- "Congratulations, Henri, well-deserved!"
- Rob Morrisey, via Facebook
- "Awesome! At last, someone in addition to us Dendros
appreciates you, too!"
- Laurie Huckaby, US Forest Service, via Facebook
- "Congratulations on this highly deserved award from
- Shih-Lung, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- "Wow. Congratulations. This will be the best web for
- Hyunmin Jeong, via Facebook
- "I've been watching your youtube videos on cofecha
which are extremely helpful."
- Alex Peters, Durham University, United Kingdom
- "Your website is great, too, lots of useful
- Kristin A. Kuckelman, Crow Canyon Archaeological Center, Cortez, Colorado
- "Thank you so much for your efforts for the benefits
of dendrochronologists, academicians, scientists and
- Yeshey Khandu, Royal University of Bhutan, Lobesa, Bhutan
- "You have been a major inspiration to my tree ring
research, and for that I am most grateful. Your
astonishing tree ring site is cited and linked in the
“Going Further” section of the project (under the
“Investigation Protocol” Tab) at Global Lab (https://globallab.org/en/)."
- Forrest Mims, www.forrestmims.org
- "I admire your work especially your tree ring web
page that we (our lab staffs and students) use almost
- Byambagerel Suran, National University of Mongolia
- "I have poured over your webpage and have found it
to be full of great information, so thank you for that
- Diane Styers, Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, North Carolina
- "Thank you for making this wonderful website and
make them simple enough to understand!"
- Irhana Ramli, Cardiff, United Kingdom
- "I see you have upgraded your website, which I refer
people to often. It is most impressive!"
- Don Wilson, Surveyors Educational Seminars
- "Thank you for allowing us to access your photos,
PowerPoint presentations, and videos with my high school
Botany classes. Your materials are of the highest
- Holly Woodward, North Harford High School
- "I am currently running a small dendrochronology
project with my 3rd year students and came across the
lectures that you have very kindly put on-line. I would
like to say a HUGE thank you for making this material available."
- Laura Cunningham, University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- "I love your site. I live in New Mexico and am very
interested in pinon pines and ponderosa pines."
- Brant Hayenga, Rio Rancho Public Schools
- "I came across your videos that you created which
really are helpful for beginners such as me. I can tell
you most of the day I am navigating though your website
that you created -- it's so useful for me."
- Abdulfattah Alghurbani, Jena University, Germany
- "I have just been looking at your site The Science
of Tree Rings -- congratulations on this excellent
resource, and thank you for creating it and making it
- Chloe Sutcliffe, University of Reading, United Kingdom
- "Thank you for creating such a fantastic website
with amazing photos and loads of information. I love the
galleries which just wouldn't be the same without your
captions on all the photos."
- Nathan Torenvliet, Ontario, Canada
- "I just found your website today and am dazzled
beyond belief -- not only at the beautiful photography
but at the lovely way you talk about the trees (and how
crazy an idea it was to do the website). I'll be back."
- Elaine Matthews, NASA GISS, New York
- "I visited your galleries and found some wonderful
photos of tree rings... They are truly beautiful
- Constance Porter, Rice University
- "I would like to thank you for your website and the
time you spent on it. I regularly consulted it while
studying toward my MSc and PhD (which involved
dendrochronology that I applied to geological hazards)."
- Guillaume Chevalier, Marcq‐en‐Baroeul, France
- "My children and I have been talking about how trees
grow recently and we are just fascinated by
dendrochronology. Thank you for your time and work in
this very important science! We are fans!"
- Hannah Rogers and Family, Massachusetts
- "Your website is the most comprehensive one I've
seen on dendrochronology."
- Catherine Clabby, E.O. Wilson Biodiversity Foundation
- "The website you maintain is an awesome source of
- Jim Carter, Exec. VP, Wood Quality Control, Inc.
- "Great web site. Thank you for maintaining your
website, minimizing the gap between the "scientific" and
the "interested" community."
- Michael Hermann, Villingen, Germany
- "I think your page is a great resource, I use it a
lot and refer people to it all the time."
- Mick Worthington, Oxford Tree-Ring Laboratory
- "I'm writing to let you know that The Science of
Tree Rings has been nominated for inclusion on a list of
99 First-Class Resources for Firefighters that we'll
soon be publishing at OnlineFireScienceDegree.org."
- Bethany at OnlineFireScienceDegree.org
- "I would like to thank you especially for having
featured DENDRO so prominently and repeatedly on your
excellent dendrochronology server."
-Ursula Higgins, Elsevier Publishing
- "I just want to thank you very much for the careful
explanations you have given of all the stages of
Dendrochronology. You have made it clear enough for even
a leek like me to understand. I have just started
looking at everything available on your site and must
add that besides finding it extremely fascinating, I am
also learning something entirely new. I have always
loved trees of every kind and shape, but will find them
even more spectacular after this new find. Be blessed in
all you do. Thank you for loving trees."
- Eunice Oerder, South Africa.
- "As a professional forester and "wannabe"
dendrochronologist, I enjoyed recently perusing your
website with the numerous galleries of tree cross
sections from everywhere. Thanks for an enjoyable set of
very, very interesting cross section photos!"
- Ed Lewis, Alabama
- "Henri, your web site is exceptional."
- Peter Sandbeck, North Carolina
- "Congratulations Henri on this latest iteration of
your fabulous tree-ring web pages! I have just started
browsing, and the site is beautiful! Huge thanks to you
for this latest in a long line of great contributions to
our community. Your pages have been and will continue to
be a fantastic resource for beginners and old timers
- Tom Swetnam, via Facebook
- "You should, and will, go down in scientific history
for the help you have given us Dendrochronologists as we
- Tom Maertens, via Facebook
- "Thanks so much for the tremendous amount of work
you've undertaken, Henri!"
- Elaine Kennedy-Sutherland, via Facebook
- "The old website was a fantastic resource. I am so
glad you created it. I look forward to the new look
Science of Tree Rings Site."
- Edward Frank, via Facebook
- "I stumbled across your web site today while doing
some indirectly related internet research. Very
impressive work and beautifully laid out. Your site is
impressive and something that many of us out here do
find very interesting."
- Statler Gilfillen, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- "All your efforts (i.e. website, online lectures,
etc.) are greatly appreciated by the dendrochronology
- Robert Morrisey, Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University
- "I found your contact information from the Ultimate
tree ring web site that you have created. First I wanted
to thank you, the tree coring tips that you provided
helped save my lab group and I a significant amount of
time and aggravation in a stand reconstruction project
that we were working on last summer."
- Kevin Vogler, Oregon State University
- "Your work on your wonderful web page is stupendous!
It's been a real help already."
- James Capshew, History and Philosophy of Science, Indiana University
- "Your website has a very pretty design! Trust me on
that. I have a very good sense of aesthetics."
- Kumar Mainali, Section of Integrative Biology, University of Texas at Austin
- "I saw your Ultimate Tree-Ring Web Pages site and
was hoping you might be able to suggest sites and
activities geared for younger students. I teach classes
at all grade levels kindergarten through 8th. Thank you
for any assistance you can provide -- your site has been
a great first step for me."
- Stephen Baer, Orange, New Jersey
- "I found your wonderful web-site while searching for
examples of tree cross sections to show a den of Webelos
Cub Scouts in Long Beach, California. Great job on that
- Jeff Reith, Long Beach, California
- "Thanks for maintaining and developing such a
wonderful resource for the community."
- Michelle Goman, Department of Geography and Global Studies, Sonoma State University
- "Thanks for the help and great website, it's very
interesting for me!
- Thomas Guiset, Belgium
- "Your website is an incredibly useful tool in
itself, and you have my sincere thanks for making it
available to everyone."
- Nathan English, James Cook University, Australia
- "I visited your dendrochronology website and was
impressed with the amount of information there is on the
- Zac Wehrmann
- "I am an absolute fan of your web on dendro and I
think it's one of the best tools to disseminate this
- Jesus Julio Camarero Martinez, Zaragoza, Spain
- "Your web pages help us as a resource of tree-ring
- Minoru Inoue, Terra-Tech, Inc., Tokyo, Japan
- "I would like to use portions of your wonderful
Dendrochronology lecture programs in a single power
point I am preparing for a class called Monitoring
Forest Health. Thank you for sharing this delightful and
informative series of lectures."
- Martha Carlson, University of New Hampshire
- "Your web site is absolutely, truly amazing and
- Sonny Harris
- "Your resource regarding tree ring information is
great! I am teacher that runs an after school
environmental program. The program encourages kids to be
innovative and creative while learning about the
environment and how we can help to make it better. I
wanted to thank you for having such a great page. I am
compiling a list of resources in different subjects
regarding the environment for the kids to learn and
explore on their own."
- Linda Anderson, Delaware
- "Terrific website! I've just begun reading
and exploring. Thanks for creating it!"
- Jeffrey Weatherford, Materials Conservation, Eastern Michigan University
- "First of all, thank you for the web
pages with a huge mass of information for fans and
workers on Dendrochronology."
- Gudrun Hofer, Germany
- "I like your website! The sparkle trail behind the
cursor was unexpected and delightful and so was the
music. I've figured out how to control the music. It's a
very nice feature."
- Joanne Ballard, New Albany, Indiana
- "I have gone through parts of the
incredible "The Ultimate Tree-Ring Web Pages" website
and found some things that look very interesting."
- Kristen Hall, Jennifer Barry Design
- "I just
wanted to write and tell you thank you for taking the
time to put together the most interesting web page that
I've seen in a long time! It is fascinating."