Thank you for your feedback!
Please tell me what you think about my web site. What did you like or not like about them? Were they useful and educational? In what areas could I improve these web pages? I take your comments seriously! Simply contact me by e-mail (use the link at the top) and tell me what you think.
Current Feedback Page
Feedback Archive Page 9
Feedback Archive Page 8
Feedback Archive Page 7
Feedback Archive Page 6
Feedback Archive Page 5
Feedback Archive Page 4
Feedback Archive Page 3
Feedback Archive Page 2
Feedback Archive Page 1
- "I have not visited your website for quite
some time and like the new look."
- Mary Gainer, NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia
- "Thank you for all your help, you've been a real life
saver. Your help and your website were both extremely
- Jake Betzen, Colorado State University
- "As always, awesome job on the tree-ring site, I
always point to that site!!"
- Dave Orwig, Harvard Forest, Harvard University
- "Great website... I
stumbled across your information searching for someone
who could help me date a log cabin."
- Jeff Crow, Memphis, Tennessee
- "Congratulations on a very
wonderful (and witty) site."
- Jill Jonnes
- "The new web design is elegant and each visit to it
inspires my art. Thank you for providing this excellent
source of understanding science with an aesthetic
- Charles Geiger, Poughkeepsie, New York
- "The website was very intuitive and informational.
Thanks for putting it together, it's a great resource
for understanding dendrochronology."
- Marshall Myer, University of Tennessee
- "Love your new web site!
Thanks for all that info on your site, it's really
- Maryanne Pacitti, Scattered Seeds Foundation
- "I know your excellent "the ultimate
tree-ring web pages," which are very helpful and
- Jan Altman, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
- "Thank you for your educational website
and your work on tree rings in many places and
environments. The website is obviously a labor of love
and will further tree-ring research."
- Mary Eberle, Boulder, Colorado
- "I often look into your
interesting website “The Ultimate Tree Ring Webpages”
that I find very interesting. It is impressive in
contents and facts."
- Gabrielle Haglof, Långsele, Sweden
- "I just paid a visit to your updated
Ultimate Tree Ring webpage and love what you’ve done
with the place!"
- Kevin Rock, SpecTIR LLC, Reno, Nevada
- "I came across your Web page while
checking out some tree-ring references & links.
Very nicely done indeed! Very beautiful."
- Fred Baes, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- "I was
just looking at the tree ring web pages, and really like
the new format. I was amazed to see you've had
over 1.2 M hits, if I read the number tally right. That
- Eugene Wahl, NOAA/NESDIS/NCDC/ScSD/Paleoclimate Branch, Boulder, Colorado
- "New website design looks great!"
- Michael Murray, BC Forest Service, Canada
- "Thanks for providing an excellent site for teachers
to review patterns in various trees."
- Jim Roberts, Physics and Material Sciences, University of Northern Texas
- "Thanks for your page about straws. I was
searching for straws for medical purposes (a long (24
inch) straw for someone with difficulty holding a glass)
and found your page."
- Don Brusselars, Somis, California
- "I have perused the beautiful
galleries on your website..."
- John Folsom
- "I am pretty amazed by what I have seen. Do you
sleep? And do you have a social life? There sure
is a lot of time and effort that has gone into this
endeavor. Congratulations on a job done not just well,
but done very, very well and with obvious love of the
- Rex Adams, Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, University of Arizona
- "The new
Ultimate Web Page looks and functions great! Thanks a
LOT, you need a new reward."
- Pentti Zetterberg, Ecological Research Institute, University of Joensuu
- "Wow - just had a look at the new improved website -
must have taken a lot of work!! Very nice."
- Martin Bridge, Oxford Dendrochronology Laboratory
- "Congratulations on your new website, it really looks
- Anna Heusen, RINNTECH - Frank Rinn, Heidelberg, Germany
- "Your new site looks
great! I love the features."
- Justin Hart, Department of Geography, University of Alabama
- "Very nice improvements and the tree-ring web page is
wonderful – congratulations for your efforts. The music
is very special."
- Mario Tomazello Fo, Department of Forestry Sciences, University of Sao Paulo
- "Congrats, Henri, the new tree-ring pages are just plain
- Christian Zang via Facebook
ultimate tree-ring pages are awesome! The images that
display at the top are really handsome."
- Monica Rother, University of Colorado-Boulder
- "Nice job
on the website. I find re-writing websites quite
therapeutic - leaves you feeling all clean and
- Peter Brewer, Cornell University
- "Wow, Henri! I thought the old web pages were pretty
great, but the new ones are amazing! I very much like
your choice of music on the homepage, and I like the
color scheme. Thanks very much for all the work you put
into the web pages. I refer people of all levels of
interest to them all the time. It's great to have this
resource and I think you've really helped keep our field
as close-knit as it is."
- Laurie Huckaby, U.S. Forest Service
- "Really, really nice, Henri,
congrats! Nice desert colors, absolutely unique, very
high-tech, and the music!"
- Paolo Cherubini, WSL, Birmensdorf, Switzerland
- "I want to thank you
for all that you have done in these years for dendro and
also to give me help at the real beginning of my work."
- Rosanna Fantucci, Italy
- "Good show! When I get
time (hours), I want to go through it slowly to enjoy
- Macolm K. Cleaveland, University of Arkansas
- "Thanks for all you have done. We all
owe you a big debt of gratitude. I've used your site
more time than I can count."
- Marc D. Abrams, The Pennsylvania State University
- "Thanks so much
Henri to your work and devotion to this real service to
field. I always recommend it when folks ask me dendro questions."
- Kevin T. Smith
- "Absolutely beautiful. It's very artistic and still
highly educational. Very easy to navigate, too. Nice
touch with the rolling images and music. The colors are
great, as well. Well done!!
- Chris Underwood, University of Tennessee
- AWEsome! :) Thank you
for the resources."
- Pixi O'Reilly via Facebook
- "Wow! As though your last iteration wasn't outstanding!"
- Marcy Reiser via Facebook
- "Scrolling down the
News Feed page, my eyes were nailed by this
breath-taking "scene" and I got a feeling I have to go
there! I did not know you are talented as an artist, too
... Now I know it! I am sure your hard work will be
rewarded by very many new and old happy visitors!"
- Mauri Timonen via Facebook
- "Very impressive.
Thanks Henri for doing so much for our field."
- Matthew Graham Clark via Facebook
- "Very nice,
the tree-ring pages are great. I used them just last
week to look up something or other about increment
- Nathan English via Facebook
know nothing about any of this but really enjoyed
reading your web page."
- Kathleen Dodge, Vermont
- "We found some stunning images on your site that we
would very much like to have permission to use in the
- Jane O’Cain, Curator, Charles M. Schulz Museum
- "You have a very useful
and interesting website."
- Kenneth W.W. Sims, Department of Geology and Geophysics, University of Wyoming
- "I am writing to thank you for your
immense work with the Ultimate Tree-Ring Pages but also
the Powerpoint lectures on the UTK website. I am certain
that I will continue visiting your website and the
lectures regularly in the years to come."
- Max Torbenson, Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland
- "Like your site - quite interesting."
- Andy Chotvacs
- "I do so love your webpage! If
it’s okay, I’m going to provide the link to it to my
online students this summer."
- Joy Wolf, University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- "You have the very best
web pages on tree rings and they are useful to me."
- Shamsaddin Balapour, Iran
- "I would like to
supply new text for your list of Dendro-Labs on your
marvelous and very helpful page, which really is an
- Thomas Frank, Universität zu Köln, Labor für Dendroarchäologie
- "Your website is
indeed more than impressive."
- Anna Heussen, RINNTECH, Heidelberg
- "Your website has many
fabulous photos and wonderful information."
- Pat Wherley, Cooperative Fisheries Research Unit, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- "By the way, we are
teaching a dendro seminar this semester and find your
web site to be VERY helpful. It truly is the Ultimate
site! appreciate all your hard work on it, and the
students are benefitting greatly from all the resources
you've pulled together and created yourself."
- Kathy Parker, Department of Geography, University of Georgia
- "The web page looks great, you've been busy."
- Bennie Davidson, College of the Siskiyous, California
- "I came across your webpage on dendrometers. It
presented a lot of good information; thanks for posting
- Peter Gould, Olympia Forestry Science Laboratory, U.S. Forest Service
- "I've known
about your wonderful website for years and its been an
inspiration to me and my art."
- Ryan Burns
- "Thank you so much for this great resource. I have
personally been reading your pages for close to 8 years
now (I am going to starting a Ph.D. in Minnesota using
the tree ring record to monitor the effects of recent
climate change on forest productivity in northern
forests), and I really would like to support the page
any way I possibly can."
- Jake Dyer, Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University
- "Thanks so much for the resources on your website. I’ve
referred a number of school teachers there and use it
myself as an “ultimate” clearinghouse for info!"
- Jason Kilgore, Department of Biology Washington & Jefferson College
- "Thank you for a great
website! It's the best I have ever encountered, and the
videos are a real bonus."
- Christian Fonnesbeck, University of Utah
- "First of all, our group
admires your wonderful "Ultimate Tree-Ring Pages."
- Katia Dolgova, Department of Glaciology, Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences
wonderful dendro website that I recommend and
- Christian Zang, University of Applied Sciences Weihenstephan, Germany
browsing through your "Ultimate Tree-Ring Web Pages" and
already found lots of very useful information. Thanks
for investing time in compiling such a comprehensive web
- Thomas Zumbrunn, Institute of Botany, University of Basel
- "I always encourage the
students to check out your site anyway - it is such a
- Charlotte Pearson, Cornell Tree-Ring Laboratory
- "I like your ultimate tree
ring webpage, and I thought you can help me in this."
- Tibor Kalapos
- "I just wanted to thank you for
creating such a wonderful online resource. I’ve enjoyed
browsing and have learned a great deal. Thank you."
- Jonathan Drori, London, United Kingdom
- "I am
also very familiar with your outstanding research in
tree-rings and your amazing website. I use your website
a lot when I am searching for information regarding
conferences and workshops in dendrochronology. Your
website is indeed a great service to the dendro
- Joao Santos
- "I want
to deliver my sincere thanks for your tree ring website.
I do understand how much efforts would be given to that
- Dr. Soung-Ryoul Ryu, Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, Clemson University
- "You have done a fantastic job with y our website.
It has been very helpful to our understanding of
- Scott Hockaday, Campbell University
- "I spent hours browsing your site,
what a great mass of information! Can you say, "I love
my profession". Thanks for the inspiration."
- Bennie Davidson, Mt. Shasta, California
- "You have an
excellent web-site, and I often refer my student to
visit your site whenever they like to know something
on tree rings."
- Geoff Wang, Clemson University
- "I appreciate your efforts with the tree ring webpage. I
was researching used microscopes and fire wire
(IEEE-1394) cameras when I came across your page. You
made my day. I would never have thought about this
application of technology in a million years. Anyway,
you helped someone learn something new. How about that?"
- Ron Hamilton
- "Your webpage is very informative
and extensive. Thank you for the images you sent me."
- Janak Ramachandran, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- "I've been reading your utk.edu pages on
dendrochronology. You've got some excellent pointers to
- Jason Broyles, Atlanta, Georgia
- "I have long been a fan and user of your great
ultimate tree ring pages."
- Sturt Manning, Malcolm and Carolyn Wiener Laboratory for Aegean and Near Eastern Dendrochronology, Cornell University
- "Thank you so much for your work in this field and for
the informative website. We really appreciate it."
- Rob Winkelman, Gloucester, Massachusetts
read your name first in books and articles, then I saw
this great page you had created! It’s really helpful,
very useful, and gives concentrated info, especially for
newcomers to dendrochronology."
- Liudmila Liutsko, La Pobla de Claramunt, Spain
- "You have a
terrific web site on tree rings."
- Richard Steckel, Department of Economics, Ohio State University
- "Your website is by far the most helpful I have come
across in my search. Thanks!!!
- Jessie Lehson, Baltimore, Maryland
- "I enjoyed browsing your
ultimate tree ring websites!"
- Leah Bremer, San Diego State University
- "I have two boys in the
Boy Scouts, and I am a scout leader for our troop and
pack. As scouts we do a lot of activities in the forest
and have many badges that include forestry (we also have
forestry badges). To teach the boys about forestry I
have used your tree ring photographs on many occasions.
Your photo's make it easier to show the kids the
basics of tree growth. They are so useful to show the
effects of the environment on their growth. Your
pictures of fire and flood damaged tree rings are
invaluable. I could never find real examples on our
Once we do class room at our meetings I try to follow that up with some hands on activity on our next outing. Your stuff makes for great class room but there's nothing better than getting in the field and have the kids look and touch. That's where real impressions are made and maybe a few memories as well."
- Stephen Sarutto, Troop/Pack 150, Staten Island, New York
- "I am really happy with the
information which i m getting from this site. Whole
dendroclimatic information is arranged in a suitable
manner so that one can cover all information regarding
this subject. I am really thankful to you."
- Prachee Kulkarni, India
- "I was looking for information
about tree rings for an art project I am doing
(printmaking) and I found your site by far the most
useful in information as well as with the photo
- Michael Ray, Bridgeport, Dorset, United Kingdom
- "I came across your website while looking
for information on tree ring data. I’m not a tree
expert by any means, just a guy who loves trees. I
found your website to be the best resource available on
- Patrick Galloway, Texas
- "Everyone here is extremely impressed with your
"Ultimate Tree Ring" web site!"
- Michael Fuller, Faculty of Forestry, University of Toronto
web sight is amazing, I can't imagine the amount of time
- John K.
- "Your website is
- Dale Swedberg, Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife, Loomis, Washington
- "What an
interesting site! Thank you for taking the time to put
it all together...I learned so much reading it."
- Christopher Atkinson, Florida Atlantic University
- "I've used your tree-ring website for some time now, and
I've found it to be extremely helpful. Thanks for a
- Louie Yang, University of California, Santa Barbara
- "I'm putting together
some of the visual elements for a story we're doing on
the drying of the Western United States, and one thing
we'd like to look at is the historical climate changes,
as derived from tree-ring analysis. Your web site is,
needless to say, a great help in understanding all of
- Tom Zeller Jr., National Geographic Magazine
- "I am currently doing a unit in forestry and
stumbled upon your webpage. I think you did a phenomenal
job with it."
- John S. Doyle, Royalton-Hartland High School, Middleport, New York
- "First off, that's
a great site there!!! Really useful."
- Pawel Gan, Poland
- "I’d like to commend you on your web page
and your dedication to tree-ring research. I’ve been
involved with volume-based tree ring research for
approximately four years with the Ontario
Government. Our research currently focuses on volume
increment and tree shape across boreal Ontario. I found
your web-page to be a valuable resource."
- Daniel Corbett, Ministry of Natural Resources, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- "First off, that's a great site there!!!
Pretty useful for me when I go camping."
- Sriram Ravindren, Clemson University
- "Thank you so much
for making dendrochronology information so easily
understood, and accessible. As a volunteer trail guide
at a local park, I'll be leading a group of girl scouts
through a "reading the rings" exercise soon, and really
didn't know where to start. You've taken a complicated
subject and made it easy for us neophytes."
- Lyn Olsson, Volunteer at Mission Trails Regional Park
- "I've been a great admirer of your multi-faceted work
for many years! And your Website continues to be such a
- Craig Brunstein, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver, Colorado
website is most enjoyable and instructive."
- Carol Sherman, Oregon Public Broadcasting
- "Let me
please thank you for your effort and deeply from bottom
of my heart. I appreciate your best web page."
- Dr. M. Khalili Marandi, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
- "Although we've never met, I feel as if I know you
from your web pages, which I've used since I was a MS
student. I appreciate your website as do many others--
it was my first introduction to dendro, and your
enthusiasm shines through."
- Leda Kobziar, University of Florida
- "I stumbled upon your tree
rings by chance and was enjoying looking at them. Was
looking for sequoia images for mere enjoyment."
- Mario Vaden
- "I am astonished with your wealth of
information on tree ring dating - fantastic! I truly
appreciate what you have done."
- Joshua Gillespie, DMJM Harris / AECOM, New York, NY
- "I use this
opportunity to thank you for the Ultimate tree-ring site
- this is indeed the major source of most useful
information for all of us."
- Olga Solomina, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
- "I would
like to thank you for the massive amount of work you
have done to promote dendro via your website over the
last few years, and I for one have benefited enormously
from the great source of inspiration and info that you
- Peter Ratcliff, Brighton, United Kingdom
- "I just wanted to take a moment to write
and thank you for all the time and hard work you have
put into building and maintaining some fantastic
websites. Your sites are some of the few academic sites
I have found that actually live up to the potential of
- Jeffrey S. Braswell, Dalton, Georgia