Thank you for your feedback!
Please tell me what you think about my web site. What did you like or not like about them? Were they useful and educational? In what areas could I improve these web pages? I take your comments seriously! Simply contact me by e-mail (use the link at the top) and tell me what you think.
Current Feedback Page
Feedback Archive Page 9
Feedback Archive Page 8
Feedback Archive Page 7
Feedback Archive Page 6
Feedback Archive Page 5
Feedback Archive Page 4
Feedback Archive Page 3
Feedback Archive Page 2
Feedback Archive Page 1
- "I found your web pages very nice, the Ultimate
Tree-Ring Web Pages."
- João Azevedo, Instituto Politécnico de Bragança, Portugal
interesting web page."
- Stephen H. Lekson, Museum of Natural History, University of Colorado
was an honor to visit and evaluate your website. Not
only is your site easy to navigate, but it provides the
Internet community with some valuable information.
It's clear that you work very hard on both your website
as well as it's content. Thank you for providing the
Internet community around the world with such
a wonderful website to visit."
- Simone, LongBraid Designs Award Program
- "I would like to thank
you for your resourceful website in the field of
Dendrochronology and also for the Bibliography page."
- Santosh K. Shah, Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany, Lucknow, India
- "I found your
excellent web site and have a question regarding
- John Roden, Southern Oregon University
- "First of all, GREAT job on the tree ring
- Mark Kutch, Rocklin, California
- "Your pages are used everyday since they are
available. We refer to them in our courses and use them
in many occasions for research. Congratulations for this
remarkable work and I am sure with the domino effect you
will announce 1M hits soon."
- Yves Bégin, Centre d'étude nordiques, Université Laval, Canada
- "Congratulations and keep up the good work."
- Steve Nash, Chicago Field Museum
- "Congratulations---I was on your pages last week getting
information about core holders. I noticed that you were
nearing the half million mark. This is a great
achievement and obviously the pages are a valuable
resource to the dendro community (and others!!). I
sincerely appreciate your efforts in putting the pages
together and maintaining them. CONGRATS!!"
- Robert P. Long, USDA Forest Service, Delaware, Ohio
- "Dear Henri, Great! Thank you for your good job!"
- Dmitry Katz, Vologda, Russia
- "I as pretty
excited to see that your tree ring pages hit the half
million mark! That's really impressive and a great
compliment to your efforts."
- Samantha Kaplan, Center for Climatic Research, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- "Congratulations for 500,000
page hits and thank you for your contribution to the
- Katarina Cufar, University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Slovenia
- "Congratulations for your marvelous web page. It's a
very useful instrument for everybody who is beginning in
this amazing field."
- Josue Susperregi and Susana Prado, Spain
- "I of course had been through
the various websites, yours is a "must" indeed."
- Jean Christophe Balouet, France
- "I just got
around to looking at your web page. Shame on me for
taking so long."
- Tom Harlan, Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, University of Arizona
son is doing a report centered around dendrochronology.
I looked at your web site. Great job with that!"
- Toni Rogers
- "Your website is wonderful.
Thanks for all of your hard work on it."
- Rebecca Anderson, University of California, Berkeley
- "Found your amazing site today and added to our link
- Frank and Vicky Giannangelo, Giannangelo Farms Southwest, New Mexico
- "First of all, I
find your web page to be very interesting! Thank You!"
- Magan Berman
- "Your web pages are really
interesting, and your teaching philosophy is spot on."
- Carmela Chateau, University of Burgundy in Dijon, France
- "I just discovered your lovely web
site on tree rings. I teach plant anatomy at the
University of Colorado at Boulder and always try to work
in at least one lecture on dendrochronology. I very much
appreciate the effort that you have made to make these
materials and information available."
- Pamela Diggle, University of Colorado, Boulder
- "We were
doing research about our science topic and luckily
landed on your brilliant website."
- Sameer and Bieu, Warren High School, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- "I find your pages excellent. Than you very much."
- Daniel Patón Domínguez, Universidad de Extremadura, Spain
- "I am amazed by the great job that you
have done in your website - "The ULTIMATE tree ring
pages!". Thanks for giving me the references to my
questions asked in my previous email."
- Sin Liang, Multimedia University, Malaysia
compliments on a nice web site."
- Ron Biondo, Naperville, Illinois
- "I was checking your
tree-ring web page and it is such an interesting site."
- Jose Villanueva-Diaz, Laboratorio Nacional de Dendrocronologia, INIFAP, Mexico
- "First of
all, thank you so much again for your website. I find
myself there quite often as I set up my lab!"
- Chris Marion, Yukon Territory, Canada
- "Your web
page on dendrochronology is wonderful."
- Mitchell Almaguer-Bay, College of Forest Resources, University of Washington
- "This is my first experience
working with tree rings and your website has been a
tremendous help!! Thanks again for a wonderful website!"
- Amy Seim, Christopher Newport University, Newport News, Virginia
- "I've been investigating your
page frequently lately, I truly enjoy it, and it's great
that you have compiled such a mass of resources on the
subject -- its one-stop research on tree rings."
- Nicholas Brazee, College of Forest Resources, University of Washington
- "I like your website! There is
so much information on it."
- Ronald Visser, Hilversum, The Netherlands
- "Just been using
your web pages for advice on coring trees - superb,
- Tim Rich, Welsh National Herbarium, National Museum & Gallery, Cardiff, UK
- "Your web page is informative and exciting.
Thanks for putting so much information. This would help
us in our work.
- H.J. Syiemlieh, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya, India
recently discovered your website and found it
interesting and informative, thank you."
- Eric Taylor
- "Thanks for the great site."
- Heather Palumbo, New Jersey
- "Your tree ring
web site is great, thank you!"
- Daniela Soleri, Environmental Studies Program and Department of Geography, University of California, Santa Barbara
- "I very much appreciate your web resource -
- Mike O'Connell, Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia
- "I've known your fabulous web site for a long time
-- for 5 years I work on a key of riparian species in
France and I visited often your website."
- Bertrand Moulin, CNRS, Lyon, France
- "I think your
website is the first 2-time feature in Science
Magazine's Netwatch column with today's issue. Quite an
honor - Congratulations!"
- Al Solomon, Environmental Protection Agency, Corvallis, Oregon
- "Congratulations Henri for the NetWatch reference and
description of your Ultimate Tree-Ring site reviewed in
Science April 15, page 331, 2005. Good job recognition
that most of us can celebrate as you wouldn't have
done it without others' help."
- Harold Fritts, Tucson, Arizona
- "Congrats on the appearance
of the Ultimate Tree-Ring Site in Science's NetWatch."
- Malcolm K. Cleaveland, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
- "I read about your "ultimate"
site in Science, and--sure enough--it's very
- John Broadwater, NOAA's Maritime Heritage Program, Newport News, Virginia
- "Congratulations on your great Home page featured in the
- Won-Kyu Park, School of Forest Resources, Chungbuk National University, Korea
- "Kudos on
the web feature in the recent issue of Science! I don't
think there is a single tree ring scientist who doesn't
have your site prominently book marked."
- Samantha Kaplan, Center for Climatic Research, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- "Congratulations on the
mention in Science of the Ultimate Tree Ring Page."
- Dean Wilder, Geography and Earth Science Department, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
for the note about your "Ultimate Tree Ring" web site on
the Netwatch page in Science on 15 April 2005!"
- David G. Anderson, Department of Anthropology, The University of Tennessee
- "A truly excellent
- Mike Nicholls, Australia
- "Thank you for the wonderful work you are doing for the
world! Your website is a monument of love."
- Paul Mantle, Grass Valley, California
enjoying your tree ring site."
- Steve Hemphill
- "Your web site is excellent! I came across it
because I had a question, and am hoping you can give me
a quick answer.
- Rob Watson, Department of English, University of California, Los Angeles
website is terrific. Very helpful. Good luck with it."
- James Segelstein, Wall Street Journal
- "Thanks to your phenomenal website, that everyone can
use and understand even novices to the field such as
myself, I am able to easily obtain and run the much
needed standardization programs. Thank you."
- Dianne Bravo, Department of Geography, York University, Canada
- "I want to thank you so very much for that
terrifically interesting and educational web page! I was
absolutely fascinated by what you say can be read from
tree rings... keep up your wonderful way of educating
- Marilyn McIlvena Sergi, British Columbia, Canada
- "In doing some basic
research, I found your dendrochronology site. Thanks for
creating a useful and enjoyable tool for us educators
and our students."
- Mick Zerr, Washington High School, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
website RULES! It was invaluable assembling a grant
- Sarah Bigger, Boise State University
- "You really make a great contribution to the
research of Dendrochronology."
- Li Zong-Shan, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
- "I recently read your web site
- Andrew McCrackan
tree rings page is one of the coolest web sites ever."
- Andrew Rypel, University of Alabama
- "I am a
first grade teacher in Staten Island, NY. Loved your
website, it is so informative and the photos are great."
- Jo Ann Maldarelli, Staten Island, New York
- "I like your tree ring web site very much. I do a
children's web site for NASA, called
The Space Place.
Thanks very much for your attention and thanks for the
- Diane Fisher, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology
- "I find your web pages very interesting."
- Cédric Gaucherel, New Caledonia
- "I was on
your website for quite a while the other day. It is a
fantastic website. I read the article in Science that
touted the site. I'm pretty impressed."
- Denise Harbison, Monterrey, California
- "Thank you
very much for all of your efforts with the valuable
Ultimate Tree Ring Pages."
- Max Bradey
- "Found your site and am in love with the cross-section
close-ups. I'm a sculptor, and my forms are derived from
natural shapes and patterns, so this has been a treat.
Thanks for what you do."
- Kim Matthews, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- "Your web page has been a great
asset to a class that I teach that uses tree coring as a
lesson on climate reconstruction from proxies."
- Jaime Palter, Duke University, Nicholas School of the Environment
- "Thanks for putting together such
a wonderful page on tree rings!"
- Kathy Marie, Wisconsin
- "What a site you have made! A true
reference for the rest of us."
- Nathan Torenvliet
- "Let me say thank you for your extremely helpful
and very well executed website. Your site has been a
valuable resource for me on several occasions."
- David Woodruff, USDA Forest Service, PNW Research Station, Corvallis, Oregon
- "I'm an associate
research scientist and meteorologist at the University
of Georgia, and a fan of your Ultimate Tree-Ring Web
- John Knox, University of Georgia
- "Reading your website, excellent. I came over it by
chance while doing a little research on wound dating in
trees. Keep up the good work."
- Bob Gibson, Blyth, Northumberland, England
- "I found your website
- Bob Culley
- "I really
enjoy your website—great work!"
- Billy Thomas, Cooperative Extension Service, Department of Forestry, University of Kentucky
- "I came across your
site whilst looking for, well, tree-rings! I couldn't
believe it - congratulations, it is a brilliant site!"
- Neil Johnston, View Creative Agency, North Wales, United Kingdom
- "The pictures on your website
are incredible, wood is an amazing subject."
- Terry Borman, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- "I have seen
and recommended your site. It is good for both the
specialist and the general public (with interest)."
- George Palmer
- "I saw your beautiful tree ring
photographs on your website. Congratulations on doing
such extensive research and making it available to
- Rhonda Rubinstein, San Francisco, California
- "I am really impressed with your
website and tree research. You must really have an
- Steven Broyles, Baileyton Elementary, Tennessee
- "I also wanted to tell
you that your website is absolutely wonderful, and life
as an ed assistant would be much easier if everyone
followed suit. Thanks!"
- Kari MacLauchlin, University of Florida
- "I have been referring
to your Ultimate tree ring website frequently, it is a
- Tanya Seebacher, University of British Columbia
- "I am extremely impressed with your
work and your web-site. A lot of work went into this."
- Pat Meier, Educational Testing Service
- "Amazing site you've put together for the world."
- Michael Huston, Department of Biology, Texas State University
- "I was very happy to discover your
very beautiful and informative site."
- Daniel Rothman
- "I read your web page and it's very
interesting for me. I found a lot of about
- Javier Jiménez-Pérez, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México
- "After my umpteenth visit to your site, and the purchase
of one of your increment borers, I thought I should
really tell you I think your website is right off the
charts. How do you find the time???"
- Brad Loewen, Département d'anthropologie, Université de Montréal
- "I used 3 images from your site for my first
grade class (summer school) to have a tree birthday
party. We had cupcakes and lots of fun (and some learned
to count past 10). Thank you."
- Nancy Bratton
- "I found your website very thorough and
- Flora Gordon, AldrichPears Associates
- "Let me first of all congratulate you for your
excellent web site that provides a first rate source of
information in the subject."
- Luiz Carlos M. Miranda, Space Science Research Institute, São Paulo, Brasil
- Your web page is really helpful and it
has lot of information related to tree rings research."
- Jermiah Kiran Billa, Idaho State University
- "First of all I want to (again) complement you on your
brilliant web pages. Extremely useful."
- Hans Linderholm, Department of Earth Sciences, Göteborg University, Sweden
- "Your work through the
Ultimate Pages is great contribution for the global
dendrochronological efforts! Thank you for your work!"
- Samuli Helama, Department of Geology, University of Helsinki
- "I want to tell you I very much enjoy
your website on Dendrochonology; it has so much
information that is useful for the new to the world of
- Pam Conavay, California State University, Sacramento
- "I enjoyed my review of your
website. The site is very well laid out, easy to
navigate, and pleasing to the eye. I loved the photos
section. Your site is packed full of information, and I
spent much time there, and learned a lot. You have done
an excellent job, the site is very easy to understand
and learn from even if you have no prior knowledge of
dendro. Please accept our award, and keep up the good
work, you have an excellent website!"
- Lynn Cunningham, Webmaster, Cunningham Family Website
- "I must say that I greatly respect the time and effort
you have into your studies and your web page. I find it
- Christopher Michas, Denver, Colorado
- "I found your website via Google:
congratulations, it seems very complete!"
- Robert Mayer, Oriental Institute, University of Oxford
- "I have just come across your very informative tree ring
web page! Thank you very much for the effort that went
into your page."
- Don Schmitt, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
wanted to say how much I've enjoyed and used your
- Adelia Barber, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz
- "I really appreciate the
work and devotion you've made in this subject area. I
think you're not only an outstanding dendrochronologist,
researcher, educator, web designer, but also a great
photographer! I just love your photos! (I'm also an art
teacher.) Thanks for your work!"
- Julie Yim, PLK HKTA Yuen Yuen Primary School, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
- "Congratulations for your work and web site."
- Gerardo Vidal Gonçalves, CIDEHUS - Évora University, Portugal
- "I thought your website was great..."
- Catherine Millington, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
- "Also, I like your website and am
working my way through it. "
- Alex Vertikoff, New Mexico