Thank you for your feedback!
Please tell me what you think about my web site. What did you like or not like about them? Were they useful and educational? In what areas could I improve these web pages? I take your comments seriously! Simply contact me by e-mail (use the link at the top) and tell me what you think.
Current Feedback Page
Feedback Archive Page 9
Feedback Archive Page 8
Feedback Archive Page 7
Feedback Archive Page 6
Feedback Archive Page 5
Feedback Archive Page 4
Feedback Archive Page 3
Feedback Archive Page 2
Feedback Archive Page 1
- "The web site you have created - is one of THE BEST
I have seen. It's really helpful for researchers like
- Sangarayer K. Florentine, University of Ballarat, Australia
- "I would like to thank you for putting together all
these resources in dendrochronology. I am impressed by
all the information gathered on this web page. You did a
wonderful job for all dendrochronologists in the world."
- Maria Laura Suarez, Bariloche, Argentina
- "I am really impressed by all the useful
information, gathered on this very professional designed
web page. I believe that every improvement starts with
the initiatives of people like you who make information
and ideas available to a large public. Thank you very
- Stefan Blankenborg, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- "I wonder if you ever really have realized how
important your website is for numerous dendro-people and
-groups working all around the world in order to raise
contacts and find information from the vast dendrofield.
You should be very proud and happy about that. Thanks
- Pentti Zetterberg, Laboratory of Dendrochronology, University of Joensuu, Finland
- "I was impressed and informed by your web site on
dendrochronology. You did a superb job. I only hope that
neither you nor the platypus were seriously injured in
- Andrei M. Sarna-Wojcicki, U.S. Geological Survey, Menlo Park, California
- "THANK-YOU for the amazing work you've done on
putting these pages together! They are a great
- Ronnie Drever, Université du Québec à Montréal
- "I enjoyed your web site and will return to it
again. One project I have planned for this summer with
my 10-year old daughter is to count rings in a section
of a black walnut trunk I picked up this week. Maybe
she'll join the ranks of dendrochronologists some day."
- Mark Zell
- "Nice web pages!!"
- Alexis Green, Texas A&M University
- "I want to thank you for putting together a
wonderful resource for anyone interested in
- James B. Cunningham, Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Dominican University of California
- "While searching in Google, I came across your web
site, as well as other websites which stated that your
website is, indeed, the ULTIMATE tree ring web site."
- Richard Sessions, Art Director, Planning Magazine
- "I want to let you know how helpful your site has
been for me. I am new to the world of tree rings, and
reading through your site has given me a very good basis
for tree-ring study. Throughout the process, I have
frequently referenced your site. It is well organized
and provides a great variety of information."
- Rebecca Sussman, Black Rock Forest, Cornwall, New York
- "Let me thank you for your wonderful web site and
information. It's a fantastic resource!"
- Jeff Renner, Kentucky
- "Some of my fire ecology students had questions
about the technique of crossdating (used to determine
fire history), and I referred them to your excellent
site for more information. Thank you for your hard work
in putting it all together!"
- Mark Reed, College of Forestry, Oregon State University
- "I enjoyed reading the wealth of information on your
- John Bald
- "I would like to tell you that your home page is
great, and it has been very helpful for me."
- Henrik Thurfjell, University of Umea, Sweden
- "Thank you so much for your wonderful web page!! I
am writing a five page report on tree rings for my
science class, and you page has been a dream come true!
I also want to thank you for the many other tree ring
links you provided. They have also been a great help to
me. Thank you again for such a helpful site."
- "What a wealth of information on your web-site! I am
a teacher looking for an educational company or resource
for activities on tree rings and their relationship to
- Beth Isaacs
- "Your web page looks great. Thanks for the web page.
I'll be going through it more thoroughly."
- Terrence P. Flanagan, Consulting Arborist, Teragan & Associates
- "Your web site has got everything you could ever
want to know about dendrochronology, and has really
rekindled my interest in getting back into this tree
work at once."
- Frank F. Willingham, Jr., Tomball College, Texas
- "I was very pleased to find your web site, with its
exciting list of references."
- Dan Perrakis, College of Forest Resources, University of Washington
- "I am a 62 year old former Royal Marine who is doing
a degree course in archaeology by distance learning.
What an excellent website. Everything, and more, that
anyone could ever want to know about tree-rings. Thank
you very much, keep up the good work."
- John Allistone, Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom
- "I love the Ultimate Tree-Ring Web Pages! They're
great! Thanks a lot!"
- Jodie Hoover, West Virginia University
- "I love your website! I'm trying to find out just
how far back tree ring dating can go."
- Michael Carroll
- "Your generous work, which you have done extremely
well to service all the dendropeople and others all
around the world interested on the tales the tree ring
tell, surpasses all the scales.
- Pentti Zetterberg, Laboratory of Dendrochronology, University of Joensuu, Finland
- "Spectacular resource! Thank you!"
- Jane McDonnell
- "I would like to say that your web site has been
- David Troupin, Ben Gurion University, Israel
- "In my inexperienced internet fumblings, I managed
to find your excellent web site on Dendrochronology."
- Wendy Porter, United Kingdom
- "I found your site a few minutes ago. I think I will
spend several hours discovering what is there."
- Phil Wagoner, Mt. Airy, North Carolina
- "I really like your website."
- Hank Both, Smithville, Ontario, Canada
- "You've got a great site. Every time I visit it, I
spend way more time than I wanted browsing through it."
- Timothy Lewis, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- "I use your website often and find it the absolute
best resource on dendrochronology available. All the
little tips and tricks of the trade I learned about were
invaluable and worth at least a year as a grad student."
- Frank Willingham, Dean - Behavioral, Health, and Natural Sciences, Tomball College, Texas
- "The new and improved Ultimate Tree-Ring Web Pages
- Michael Hartman, NOAA Paleoclimatology Program, Boulder, Colorado
- "Your web site is excellent, congratulations!"
- Christian Salas Eljatib, Departamento de Ciencias Forestales, Universidad de La Frontera, Chile
- "Your web site is the only one I recommend to my
students when they ask for dendro information. It is the
most complete, up-to-date site on every aspect of
dendro, and it gives access to nearly all others. I use
it also personally on a regular basis. Many thanks again
for your work !
- Jean-Luc Dupouey, Forest Ecology & Ecophysiology Unit, Champenoux, France
- "Congratulations for the extensive updating of your
UTRWP! This kind of work is what we all should now and
then find time to do."
- Pentti Zetterberg, Laboratory of Dendrochronology, University of Joensuu
- "You should be nominated for sainthood. I'll bring
it up with the Vatican next time I'm in Italy."
- Marc Abrams, The Pennsylvania State University
- "Started to look at your Ultimate Organized Tree
Ring Pages, very impressive!"
- Alan Lane. Velmex Incorporated, New York
- "The new website looks great!"
- Whitney Nelson, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, University of Tennessee
- "The final product is really wonderful, my
congratulations. I am sure that is the more important
and complete source of information in tree ring analysis
of the world."
- Mário Tomazello Filho, Brazil
- "A charming new layout of your website."
- Constantin Sander, Rinntech, Heidelberg, Germany
- "I just looked at the revised Ultimate Tree-ring
Webpage, and I think it looks great. And thanks so much
for creating and maintaining this resource; I refer
people to it all the time, and I use it a lot myself. We
are very lucky to have this great reference and
- Laurie Huckaby, USDA Forest Service, Fort Collins, Colorado
- "Great pages: informative, updated, beautiful,
easy-to-access. Great job! You are the #1!"
- Paolo Cherubini, Swiss Federal Institute of Forestry, Birmensdorf
- "We all appreciate the work you do. You have really
done a lot to increase interest in dendrochronology and
to bring dendrochronologists together."
- Margaret Devall, USDA Forest Service, Mississippi
- "Thank you for all the time and work you put into
your web site - it is appreciated."
- Paul Carrara, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver, Colorado
- "The new website looks great. Thanks again for all
your hard work -- your dedication and focus is an
- Pat Pringle, Washington Department of Natural Resources, Olympia, Washington
- "Just wanted to tell you that the updated web pages
look great! You have definitely reached your goal of
making a vast amount of dendro-related material
available not only to the dendro community but also to
all who are interested in tree rings. I have used your
pages numerous times in classes, and the students love
them. Also, the pages are easy to read and easy to
navigate. Great job. Thanks for all of your hard work
creating and maintaining the Ultimate pages."
- Darrin Rubino, Hanover College, Hanover, Indiana
- "Incredible how much time you put in the webpage. I
use the homepage very often and it is a wonderful link
to provide to students - they can easily find their way
and the information they need."
- Ute Sass-Klaassen, The Netherlands
- "Good job on the overhauled website. Very
impressive! Your website has been an invaluable source
in my attempt to integrate tree-rings into my research."
- Andrew M. Burrow, Temple-Inland Forest Products Corporation, Diboll, Texas
- "Have just been cruising your web-site...it is
amazing. It does intimidate me somewhat to see the
wealth of information available on tree-ring techniques,
but it is very nice to have it laid out cleanly on your
- Ryan McEwan, Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Ohio University
- "Thanks again for your help and for your great
- Salvador Trabanino, New Orleans
- "I read you web page at least once a week, it a
great source of pertinent information."
- Catherine Ziten, Carleton College, Ontario, Canada
- "I am a retired biologist and wish to learn more
about dendrochronology. Your website on the subject is
the best I have seen. You have done an outstanding job
in covering everything a person new to the field needs
to know to get started."
- Robert Miller, New Hampshire
- "What excellent web pages you have - the new look is
very elegant. The old ones were great, these are
astounding! Your pages are an endless source of useful
information on what is going on in the field."
- Ursula Hertling, Urban-Fischer Verlag, Jena, Germany
- "I found your site informative and very useful."
- Ryan Becker
- "I enjoyed viewing your web site very much. I am a
first grade teacher in New York and very soon, would
like to do a science lesson on the age of trees with my
- Regina Deriso, New York
- "I enjoyed reading your Ultimate Tree-Ring Web Pages
- Eric Jamison
- "I have visited your web site about dendrochronology
and I have found it an incredible source of information
about the subject. May I use some of the material for
preparing the lesson for my students?"
- Donato Chiatante, Università dell'Insubria, Como, Italy
- "I'm one of the legions of dendro types who relies
on the Ultimate Tree Ring Pages -- no doubt the best
specialized website on any subject I've found."
- Bob Brett, New Brunswick, Canada
- "Thank you so much for your web site. My son is
working on his Forester badge in Webelos and found your
work, which our whole family enjoyed reading."
- Annette Stout, Dalton, Georgia
- "I am a senior in high school and am currently
working on a project involving climate change and
dendrochronology. Thank you very much for your time and
your wonderful website."
- Emily White
- "Your site is very interesting; I am a newcomer to
- Lynda Galbiati
- "I took a tour of your website and some of the links
- hugely interesting stuff. Those are some wonderful
trees in your gallery!"
- Thomas Mitchell
- "Your web site is most important and you are doing
an amazing work."
- Nili Liphschitz, Israel
- "Wonderful site with A LOT of 'positive energy.'"
- Robert Vickery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- "I was just looking at your tree-ring site and
marveling at the great work you have done. You have no
idea how valuable and inspiring your web site is to us
- Pat Dougherty, Ball Aerospace and Technology Corporation
- "I have enjoyed your web pages, your recent work on
the Little Ice Age and violins, and your recent papers
in Tree-Ring Research! Keep up the great work!"
- Craig Brunstein, U.S. Geological Survey, Lakewood, Colorado
- "You have a GREAT website. Because of that, I know
that you get a lot of questions and requests. I hope
that you can help me with this special request."
- Carl Matthews, Houston, Texas
- "In our upcoming issue, we're publishing an article
about your study... It's fascinating work, and we are
looking forward to introducing it to our readers. I have
also enjoyed learning about dendrochronology on your
- Amy Perry, Associate Editor, Today's Science on File
- "Your website is still a fantastic source of
information - thanks for all the time and effort you put
in to it!"
- David Lewis, University of Alberta, Canada
- "Thank you for producing such a useful dendro
- Ian Fairchild, University of Birmingham, England
- "I am putting together a study guide for a book home
schoolers. In the book there is a reference to tree
rings and I found your site and thought it would be fun
for the kids/parents to view."
- Michelle Stewart
- "I am a graduate student from West Virginia
University and I am going to take you up on your offer
on the Ultimate website to answer questions of any
level! I have been following that site for a semester
now, it has been really helpful for a novice like me."
- Sandhya Mohan, Department of Biology, West Virginia University
- "I just wanted to say that I have looked through
your website and have found it very interesting and
profitable to my course."
- Lisa Phillips, University of Derby, England
- "I've enjoyed perusing your website. Your website
has stellar examples of tree rings. And, you have many
interesting stories to accompany your images."
- Betty Paxton, Alpharetta, Georgia
- "I have enjoyed the web page very much."
- Jane Overton
- "I was pleased to find a link to your website in my
Word of the Day email from www.yourdictionary.com which
I receive in a hotmail address regularly. I was
fascinated by the variety of trees and rings. Thanks for
your many hours of sweat. The site is very well put
together, and I have bookmarked it in the event one of
the kids' teachers could find it useful."
- Deborah French, Maine Department of Transportation
- "I feel that your web site presents your field of
expertise better than any that I've seen to date. I have
studied web sites of all types since 1995, going to
school on good presentations. That's because I have a
web site. After exploring your outstanding presentation
I feel that mine needs a lot more work."
- Taylor Hay, Frankfort, Kentucky
- "Just wanted to let you know that I found your
dendrochronology website extremely useful! I am helping
a girl scout troop work on their ecology badge and one
requirement is counting tree rings, or now I know...
dendrochronology. I am hoping to create enough interest
that the girls will log on to your site."
- Shannon Dwigans, Asheboro, North Carolina
- "Thank you for providing such a great web page - I
know my 11 yr old son will find a lot of your
information useful in his science project."
- "Thank you for a delightful web site on trees and
tree rings. I wanted to ask permission to use your web
address as a resource for a children's newspaper that we
- Paul Skousen, Managing Editor, Studies Weekly, Inc.
- "Congratulations for your great tree-ring web site!
It is a rich source of information and a major
contribution to the advancement of tree-ring research,
- Hans-Peter Kahle, Institute for Forest Growth, University Freiburg
- "Thanks for all the work you put into your website.
I use it often and you've done a great service to the
- Ryan Dansby, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta
- "I've been perusing your dendrochronology site--it
really is the ultimate! I don't think anybody really
needs any of the other sites if they have yours to learn
from, and I've been learning a lot and quickly, so thank
you! Keep the ultimate tree ring site going: it's
encyclopedic as well as beautiful!"
- Sally Guilmart, Brown Summit, North Carolina
- "I found your site very interesting, being an old
Geology student in college."
- Mark Devault
- "Thanks for the great web site! My class of third
graders got into a discussion (myself included) on how
to date tree rings. We have a 100 year old specimen in
our classroom, and couldn't decide where 2004 would be
on the rings. We are making a timeline on our tree
specimen. You site gave us our answer!"
- Carol Turner, Sardinia Elementary, Sardinia, Ohio
- "As a high school teacher I am planning on starting
a natural history club for our school district and
county and plan to use tree rings as a part of the
curriculum and have started learning about this
- Ed Farrar, Joshua High School, Joshua, Texas
- "Many thanks for all your hard work with the online
resources. I've used your excellent web pages many
- Alberto Reyes, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, University of Alberta
- "I've just visited your tree-ring web pages, which
absolutely look great. I'll try to consider these as
inspiration for the IAWA website!"
- Steve Jansen, Institute of Botany and Microbiology, Leuven, Belgium
- "Your website is a fantastic resource and the
information may be in there, but it's so large that I
gave up. You may need your own search engine soon."
- Clint Cole, Department of Anthropology, University of California, Davis
- "Many thanks for the excellent info on your
- Martha Gregg, University of Nebraska at Lincoln
- "I have been reading your tree-ring pages for many
years already! I think it's about time I got in touch
with you to let you know how useful they have been, and
your reference lists as well. Thank you."
- Chris Marion, Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada
- "I really found your web site to be most useful."
- Ratan D. Bhardwaj, Nobel Medical Institute, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- "Let me heartily thank you for your energy, effort
and innovation in bringing together the Tree-ring pages
- what a hell of a resource!"
- Julie von Platen, University of Tasmania
- "I am putting together a course module on woody
plant anatomy for my upcoming tree physiology course.
You have some great photos on your website, and I would
like to use several of your wood cross-section photos to
demonstrate wood structural features."
- Jennifer Franklin, Forestry, Wildlife, and Fisheries, University of Tennessee
- "We couldn’t help but admire the web site we came
across with the beautiful tree ring information."
- Bruce and Nancy Birmingham, Asheville, North Carolina
- "I was thrilled to find your site and had to
compliment you on its thoroughly informative and
- Donald Tucker
- "I found your site very interesting!"
- Charlie Pyne, Massachusetts
- "I have spent MANY hours perusing your website.
Because I'm the lone individual doing tree core studies,
I have very little resources. That's why your ultimate
tree ring site has been so valuable to me - it has the
answers to most questions I encounter. So rest assured
it's providing a great service!!"
- Jacquelyn Duke, Baylor University
- "I simply wished to offer you my congratulations on
the Ultimate pages. I regard the Ultimate pages as the
most significant dendrochronological resource for the
dissemination of dendrochronological fundamentals,
contacts and current information."
- Matthew Brookhouse, Department of Forestry , Australian National University
- "It is the ULTIMATE web-page!!"
- Iain Robertson, University of Wales Swansea, United Kingdom