Thank you for your feedback!
Please tell me what you think about my web site. What did you like or not like about them? Were they useful and educational? In what areas could I improve these web pages? I take your comments seriously! Simply contact me by e-mail (use the link at the top) and tell me what you think.
Current Feedback Page
Feedback Archive Page 9
Feedback Archive Page 8
Feedback Archive Page 7
Feedback Archive Page 6
Feedback Archive Page 5
Feedback Archive Page 4
Feedback Archive Page 3
Feedback Archive Page 2
Feedback Archive Page 1
- What a handsome, well-structured, and witty web
page, complete with tree rings. It's a delight to
read... and admire: What an immense scholarly record."
- Mark Littman, University of Tennessee Science Forum
- "This has to be one of the most informative web
sites I have ever found. Congratulations. Thanks for
putting up this site - it truly is a great resource."
- Julian A. Dunster, Dunster & Associates Environmental Consultants Ltd., Canada
- "I do like your
dendrochronology pages and will be learning more about
it as it relates to the fire cycle as we do fire weather
forecasting here and support of large wildfires.
- Dan LeBlanc, National Weather Service, Flagstaff, Arizona
- "I am an archaeology
undergraduate currently looking into doing a field
course in Dendrochronology. Through all the web sites I
have been, this has by far been the ultimate best of
them all. This site has it all. Thank you very much for
this, for it stands as a foundation and reference point
from which I will be launching into the world of
- Ed Broughton, Northern Arizona University
- "I found all I needed plus stuff
in my locality of S. Wales, UK. I found so little on the
other sites I looked on and then tried yours. Thank you
-- its a brilliant site and made me want to do more
research on trees."
- Jenny Topaz, Wales, United Kingdom
- "Your lists and all your efforts for
the dendro community are daunting and wonderful. We use
your website all the time. I hope it doesn't overwhelm
you keeping it up. I'm so impressed by your service to
the international community."
- Connie Millar, USDA Forest Service, Albany, California
website is wonderful! I've already gleaned some good
hints how to do sanding, and perhaps staining for better
- Tom Montagno, Simmons College, Boston, Massachusetts
- "I have been a fan of your
website for a few years now -- you seem to be well
connected in the tree-ring world!"
- Mark Swanson, College of Forest Resources, University of Washington
- "I'm trying to find some information to help 5th
graders get the basics on tree rings. You have a lot of
- Teber Amos
- "Thank you for your web pages -- really impressive -- I
have linked to it from my wood anatomy class web site
for years now."
- Elizabeth Wheeler, North Carolina State University
- "Thanks for the excellent
website. It has been an invaluable resource in my senior
research project (undergrad Environmental Science)
at Capital University. The site has excellent
organization and is very user friendly. Dendro is a
fascinating field; thanks for making it easier to
- Jack Byrom, Capital University, Columbus, Ohio
- "Just wanted to drop a line or
two your way to say thank you for the fun and
informative site! I am a home-schooling mom of a
first grader who found your site via the education index
online. We are studying trees presently and have fallen
in love with the great pictures you have provided. Your
passion and enthusiasm really show. Thank you for
- "Many thanks for the
great web site. I have just started a tree ring project
at UC Davis and have found the site to be a tremendous
resource. What a concept, a useful web site!!"
- Fabrice De Clerck, Assistant Director of International Programs CA&ES, University of California, Davis
- "I visited your site and found it very interesting."
- Laura Bley, Bley Investments, Ft. Worth, Texas
- "I have been looking all throughout your website and
it deems truly beneficial to the better understanding of
- Bri Foster, Sacramento, California
- "I recently came across your
wonderful dendrochronology website and found the
information in it to be very useful to me!"
- Kate Ramsden, Western Washington University, Bellingham
- "Thank you for your valuable web sites for
- Minoru Inoue, TerraTech, Tokyo, Japan
- "I'm perusing your website,
which is amazing."
- Lee Romney, Los Angeles Times
- "Your page is indeed the best around, and it
helped me a lot for getting a better idea of tree ring
- Ursula Hertling, Urban & Fischer Verlag, Jena, Germany
- "I thank you for providing such
an excellent website."
- Becky Sykes, University of Southampton, England
- "I was very pleased to
stumble across your website as it is most useful and
contains so much information!"
- Annabelle Clarke, Plymouth, United Kingdom
- "Your website is
quite spectacular. I have found it a treasure trove of
information. I am a retired associate director of the
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and us retired
folks need access to resources like yours."
- John L. Emmett, Brush Prairie, Washington
- "This is
very well organized and interesting. It must
represent a very powerful resource for the practicing
- Paul Digney, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- "My son Scott is
seven and in second grade, doing a science report on
tree rings. We got on to your web site looking for
pictures of tree rings. Maybe I'll even learn some
- "I'm a
retired physician and have always loved trees. I must
confess my ignorance, however, until today I did not
even know there was such a word as dendrochronology.
Thanks to you and your website I already know far more
than I did yesterday."
-William S. Carter, M.D.
- "Thank you for a spectacular and very useful web
- Forrest M. Mims III, Seguin, Texas
- "Thank you so much for your web page on
Dendrochronology. I’m doing a research paper for my
ninth grade English class, and I’ve been looking for a
website that explained the methods of tree-ring dating
used in one of my resources. Thank you for making the
information easy to obtain and understand!"
- "I am currently working on an
interactive tree ring demonstration to share with
visitors at the Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort
Lauderdale. Your website has been extremely helpful!"
- Laura Khorozov, Museum of Discovery and Science, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- "I'm interested in
learning about using tree cores to examine seismic
activity. Thanks for your web pages."
- Ellen McCallie, Missouri Botanical Garden
you very much for the Ultimate Tree-Ring web pages. They
are really excellent."
- Halil Çakan, Cukurova University, Turkey
- "I have used your web site
often in my teaching and very much appreciate all the
effort you have put into making information on
- Catherine Souch, Department of Geography, Indiana University
- "I was looking around for a fire scar image and found
some on your Ultimate Tree-Ring Site - great job on
maintaining such great resource!"
- C. Mark Eakin, Chief of NOAA Paleoclimatology Program
have to agree your site in an incredible store of
knowledge for anyone remotely interested in trees. How
do you do it?"
- Andy Cochrane, Cardiff, Great Britain
- "Fort Stewart is constructing an
outdoor classroom/environmental education nature trail
as part of its museum. Your website was an enormous
- Beth Anee-Johnson, Field Crew Leader, Ft. Stewart, Georgia
- "I visited your website
recently and found some fascinating information that I
thought would benefit our woodworking club."
- Rick McGill, Eastman Chemical Company, Kingsport, Tennessee
- "I'd like to thank you for the valuable
information you have made available on the web. My 13
year old son is doing this year's science project on
tree ring growth and the solar cycle. Your web sight has
really been an education for him and me as well. (I must
admit I've been intrigued and obsessed with this project
as well). My son begged me for an increment borer, I
relented despite my fear that every tree in the yard
would end up with a hole in it. Both my son and I are
getting a great education and you're the one that
started it. Thanks again."
- John Ceccherelli, IBM Global Procurement, Hopewell Junction, New York
- "I stumbled on your "Ultimate" web pages by accident
while unsuccessfully trying to find out how much rain
we've had in Knoxville in the past week. I wanted to let
you know that your web site is nothing short of awesome!
You must have spent thousands of hours developing this
site, which surpasses that of many major corporations in
terms of interest, appearance, and navigability, not to
mention the sheer quantity of information presented."
- Ann Roberson, President, The University of Tennessee Research Corporation
- "I'm very impressed with
you web site and look forward to using it."
- Gene Bidwell, University of Kentucky
informative sight - the most comprehensive I have seen.
The University of Arizona should be so thorough."
- Mark Haynie, Ganado Intermediate School, Arizona
- "Thank you for creating such a useful website on
dendrochronology. I am an undergraduate student in
Wisconsin and I am currently working on my capstone
project which is a study of Thuja occidentalis in
Chequamegon Bay on Lake Superior."
- Sarah Oppelt, Northland College, Ashland, Wisconsin
thought I would let you know - what a wonderful site.
I'm studying Archaeology at Exeter University in England
and your site will be a great help. Such a breath of
fresh air to see someone sharing their work this way."
- Denene Reilly, Exeter University, United Kingdom
- "I have been using your wonderful web page.
Thank you very much for creating such a great resource."
- Michelle Hegmon, Arizona State University
- "I wanted to thank you for having such an excellent
website. I am a senior Biology major at the University
of Nebraska at Omaha; the information you have available
for your students has been most helpful."
- Paul Berger, Australia
- "Your tree ring website has
already been really helpful."
- Anna Trybis, United Kingdom
- "I've loved your web pages for some
time and am referring to them in a paper I've been
invited to write for Australian Journal of Botany."
- Stuart Pearson, Australia
- "I just wanted to
let you know how impressed i am with your ultimate tree
ring web page. I am a 2nd year Ecology major at Michigan
Technological University and your site really helped me
with an assignment on dendrochronology I am currently
working on. Keep up the good work!!"
- Susan Balint, Michigan Technological University
- "I am
writing to thank you for the wealth of information and
alternate resources you provided me with... Finding
almost an unlimited amount of additional sources, the
research nightmare became a breeze. Thanks again!
- Barb Moore, Hiram College, Tallmadge, Ohio
- "What a great web site! I am doing Archaeology at
University. Needed information on dendrochronology,
couldn't find any then found this site. I can't describe
just how useful this site has been to me. Thanks."
- Matthew Bresnen, University of Wales, Bangor. United Kingdom
- "I've a presentation to make over the
next couple of days, to an area school's fifth graders,
on forest ecology (including tree growth and
silviculture). I was poking around the web looking for
an easy to understand example of the cross section of a
tree (I'm planning on passing out "tree cookies") and
found your web site.......Great, easy to understand.
Thanks for the information."
- Michael Schira, Michigan State University Extension, Iron Mountain, Michigan
- "I am teaching a Biology course
(High School) and would love to do a section on tree
ring dating. Any suggestions of resources I might use to
help my students understand what is going on. Thanks for
any help you can give."
- David Holder
really enjoyed looking over your web site. I'm a Webelos
Cub Scout Leader and a Homeschooling mom. What I was
interested in for my Cub Scout meeting (for our Forestry
merit badge/pin) was a crosscut of a tree."
- "I certainly enjoyed your web site, and hope you
have time to help me with an interesting problem that
might be solved with dendrochronology techniques.
- James Davidson
- "Compliments for your
- Peter Weyman, Staatliche Fachschule für Agrarwirtschaft, Landshut, Germany
- "I am
enjoying the forum, and also very impressed by your web
- Ted Hogg, Northern Forestry Centre, Canadian Forest Service
- "I have found your web site
- James Stileman, London, England, United Kingdom
- "Your tree-ring pages are
excellent! Thanks for making so much great information
easily accessible. Your efforts will do much to further
- Rob Fiegener, University of California - Davis
- "I've followed, and have
been increasingly impressed by your website over the
years. The information and links have been incredibly
helpful, and I've been especially appreciative of the
detail and comments you've provided. Big help for this
- Patricia Weyrick, Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory, Hanover, New Hampshire
- "My name is Tyler Howell and I
am a five year old boy in Kindergarten at Norton,
Virginia. My teacher's name is Ms. Armbrister. I went to
your web site and liked it."
- Tyler Howell, Norton, Virginia
- "WOW. You have done a fantastic job
in putting together your web pages. To say the least, I
am truly impressed and I haven't followed all your leads
yet. In fact, UT ought to be very proud of your work;
and if you need me to tell them so, let me know who to
- A.C. Barefoot, Raleigh, North Carolina
- "Thanks for your work on keeping the web pages
going. They look great!"
- Edie Taylor, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Kansas
- "Superlatives and kudos! What an excellent
- Joe Baker, New York Museum and Science Center, Rochester, New York
- "I am a
home-school mom teaching children in grades 3 thru
8. Your site is awesome, although somewhat overwhelming
with its abundance of information!"
- Cindy Hanner, Quimby, Iowa
- "I think we "scientists" don't
thank one another enough, so I want to say your selfless
efforts on behalf of tree ring science are much
appreciated. And, congratulations and thanks for your
wonderful "ultimate" web site."
- Owen Davis, Department of Geosciences, The University of Arizona
- "I'm a graduate student in the Physics
Department at Bandung Institute of Technology,
Indonesia. I've seen your wonderful homepage. It is
interesting to read your homepage and it is really
useful for such beginners like me."
- Wendi Zarman, Physics Department, Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- "Your site is a life saver. I have
a huge project due on tree-rings relating to hurricanes.
Without your wonderful explanations and definitions I
would be lost. Thank you, thank you, thank you."
- "Your site is great. I only got here
after perusing several dozen other dendrochronology
sites and yours is the best of the lot."
- Jay Cross, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California
- "Just discovered your site and am anxious to explore it.
I am working this summer as a arts and crafts counselor
at a day camp for Brownie and Junior Girl Scouts (grades
1-6!). One of the badge activities is counting tree
rings so I have been asked to incorporate that with a
- Peggy Ann Brown
site has been an enormous help in learning about
- Mark Dahlager, Science Museum of Minnesota
- "I have always loved your ultimate tree ring
pages, especially the ones of the cross sections of
individual specimens showing the beautiful undulating
patterns. They are great inspirations for paintings!"
- June Julian, A World Community of Old Trees
- "I have spent an
hour searching your wonderful web site, and am truly
impressed by it."
- Alan R. Taylor, Swan Valley, Montana
- "I visited your website and enjoyed
reviewing it. I am currently working on projects
involving ancient Egyptian history and am hoping you can
- Joseph Thimes
- "I would like to
thank you for all the work you do in keeping the dendro
community informed of recent publications, etc. Its a
great help to people in the more far flung parts of the
- Louise Cullen, Ecology and Entomology Group, Lincoln University, New Zealand
have a nice web site on dendrochronology."
- Murrell Selden
- "Great web site. I teach third grade,
and we are studying tree rings. I'm trying to find a
diagram or pictures of the rings and growth patterns.
Can you help?"
- John Robby
- "Yes, I did
like your web site. It is one of the top two I have came
back to over and over either by link or by choice. Your
site is well laid out and your choice of color and
layout is great."
- Donna Wilkinson
reviewed your tree ring site on my NetWatch page in
Science about 3 years ago. I'm now compiling some links
for an all-paleoclimate page (to go with a special issue
of Science on paleoclimate). I plan to include your site
even though we've highlighted it before."
- Jocelyn Kaiser, Science Magazine, Washington, D.C.
- "Your web site is amazing. I don't know where you get
- Ellen Anderson, Forestry Sciences Lab, Juneau, Alaska
- "I have been meaning to thank
you for keeping a link to my research abstract in your
marvelously looking and continuously evolving home page
during all these years. Please keep it up. You are
making it extremely convenient for people to get more
information about tree-rings and its science. I am glad
I always keep a link to your home site."
- Pablo D. Baldazo, Rey River Consulting
- "Just a quick
note to tell you how much I appreciate your help and the
time you took out from your busy schedule. You were
helpful and enabled me to complete my essay on time."
- Andy Douglas, United Kingdom
- "By the way,
your website is outstanding; congratulations!"
- Robbie Jones, Architectural Historian, The Hermitage, Home of President Andrew Jackson
- "I located
you through your fascinating Ultimate Tree Ring Web
Pages. Any guidance that you or your colleagues could
provide would be greatly appreciated."
- William Voorhest, Long Island, New York
- "You have a
great collection of images on your web site."
- Glenn Strait, Editor, Natural Science, The World & I Magazine
- "At the suggestion of Rex Adams, I visited your
Ultimate Tree Ring Page, and it truly is. You've
provided excellent information and games, lessons,
quizzes that can keep people looking."
- Jane Smith, USDA Forest Service, Fire Sciences Laboratory, Missoula, Montana
- "I was logged on to your homepage
last night. You are one busy, organized soul. It looks
really good, Henri. So easy to use. Thank you very much
for all your efforts."
- Rex Adams, Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, The University of Arizona
- "I enjoyed your web site and appreciate the
information and education that you have made available.
- Jen Chase, Project Forester, Colorado State Forest Service
- "I don't know how you
stay on top of your web pages - so much there!"
- Martin Bridge, Institute of Archaeology, University College, London, England
- "Your web pages are
a great resource."
- Nina Hewitt, Department of Geography, Depaul University
providing a great service with your web page! Thanks
- Jill Silver, Hoh Basin Regional Biologist, Port Townsend, Washington
help is greatly appreciated, as are the ITRDB computer
programs that I am learning to use."
Alison Schneider, Colgate University
- "We recently
had several dead trees cut down at our house and the
kids were fascinated with the tree rings, so your site
has been very very helpful!"
- Molly Tominack
- "Your web page is awesome."
- Michael Murray, Oregon Natural Heritage Program, Portland, Oregon
- "I actually found your site yesterday and it was
incredible! Your site really helped me out. I am just
getting started on my research here at OSU, and want to
do some dendroecological work in the "cross timbers" of
- Stacy Clark, Department of Forestry, Oklahoma State University
- "I visited your web
site and send you my hello and compliments. I like your
page and it is interesting for me to see your successes
- Konstantin Popov, Russia
think your website was exactly what I was looking for
while surfing the net for relative information."
- Melanie Koch, University of Washington - Bothell
- "I love your web pages. They have so much
information. I am going to be visiting it more and more.
I need more to time to read and digest all the data that
- Jeff Porter, Texas
- "Just a
note to say thanks for some great educational materials.
I teach an "Earth and Space Systems" class and it's nice
to be able to send my students to this type of site."
- John O'Leary, Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- "Thanks for putting
together such a complete resource on dendrochronology -
I've learned a lot from it. It seems almost every web
site concerning tree rings directs me back to your
- Elizabeth Hammond Pyle, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Harvard University
love your web-site! I am a horticulture student and am
doing a paper on what tree rings can tell us; I found
your site and have spent many hours learning. Your
web-site has so much information, many useful links, and
personality. This is the most awesome web-site! Thank
you for all of your time and effort; I very much
appreciate you sharing this with all of us."
- Mary L., Green Bay, Wisconsin
- "Thank you for the
"Ultimate Tree-Ring Web Pages." Your compilation has
been a great resource that I have used many times."
- Greg Barlar, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
really enjoy your tree-ring pages and have been
referring to them for the past two years."
- Paul Muto, Nova Scotia Agricultural College