Thank you for your feedback!
Please tell me what you think about my web site. What did you like or not like about them? Were they useful and educational? In what areas could I improve these web pages? I take your comments seriously! Simply contact me by e-mail (use the link at the top) and tell me what you think.
Current Feedback Page
Feedback Archive Page 9
Feedback Archive Page 8
Feedback Archive Page 7
Feedback Archive Page 6
Feedback Archive Page 5
Feedback Archive Page 4
Feedback Archive Page 3
Feedback Archive Page 2
Feedback Archive Page 1
- "I have enjoyed browsing through your site."
- Kerri Still
- "Nice site, the information is
very easy to access."
- John Fitzgerald
am a young geographer interested in dendrochronology,
and I think I will benefit from your page a lot in my
- Suleyman Incekara, Fatih University, Istanbul, Turkey
- "Thanks for all of your work
for the dendro community."
- Wendy Gross, National Geophysical Data Center, Boulder, Colorado
- "I'd like to congratulate you on creating a great web
resource. I am going to try teaching a dendrochronology
module in the climate change section of my community
ecology class and I know that I will be directing my
students to read your pages."
- Mark Bush
- "We're looking up all kinds of addresses, and found lots
of them on your web site! Thanks for that WONDERFUL
DATABASE, it's been a godsend."
- Jackie Mather, Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, University of Arizona
- "What can I say? The name of these pages says it
all. These are indeed the ultimate tree-ring web pages.
Henri Grissino-Mayer has indeed achieved his aim. They
are well laid out with links to a variety of tree-ring
related sites from all over the world, with a wealth of
interesting and useful information. I would recommend
these pages to anyone who has a query concerning
dendrochronology, be they a specialist or just an
interested member of the public. I give this site
- Caroline Hall, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- "I love your web pages. I am
training to be a teacher and used it to work on a lesson
plan. It was very educational. Thank you for compiling
so much information in one location."
- Kathy Raphael
- "A comprehensive resource for committed
dendrochronologists! A neat, user-friendly site that
covers dendrochronology principles, references,
databases and software with excellent photos of
sequoias, ponderosa pines and the like under blue
American skies! Also features job advertisements and
provide links to journals and job databases."
- New Scientist, Hotspots in Environment and Ecology
- "Holy dendrochronology, Batman! If you want to know
anything about tree-rings, this is the place to go! My
favorite section is the gallery."
- Scienceman's High Quality Links for Biology
- "An excellent
web-based guide to tree-rings. Created by Dr. Henri
Grissino-Mayer, this page contains links to tree-ring
software, online databases and a host of other useful
- Scott St. George, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- "Thanks for the great service you are
doing for the dendro community."
- Carlo Urbinati, Editor, Dendrochronologia
- "I love your web
pages, I consult them all the time and recommend them to
lots of people (who also love them!). Thanks for
maintaining these great pages!"
- Emily Heyerdahl, Fire Science Laboratory, Missoula, Montana
have not spent much time at this site, but hope to in
the near future."
- Ronald Barr, Tempe, Arizona
- "Thanks for all your work in keeping the dendro
- Robert P. Long, USDA Forest Service, Delaware, Ohio
- "I loved your web
site - you are clearly a kindred spirit."
- Edmund Colville, United Kingdom
- "I checked out the
new web page, looks nice!"
- Laary Cushman, Aiken, South Carolina
- "Please continue the good
work. People like me need teachers dedicated like you.
Thanks for caring."
- Jonathan Green, United Kingdom
- "I have visited your home page regarding
dendrochronological studies. Thanks for putting such a
lot of information about it. I found it really helpful
for those who are interested in this field."
- Purushottam Dokhale, Cornell University
- "Great to see your web page here in Vol country!! It's a
- Kim Raia, Department of Geography, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
have a great, great site... very impressive."
- Jim Roh
- "I like the new format, keep up the
- Alan Lane, Velmex, Inc., New York
- "Thank you for your great work. Your site is
really good for the dendro community, students, and
those who simply need information on dendrochronology."
- Katarina Cufar, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- "Your site has been highly rated by Schoolzone's
panel of 400 expert teachers. This is in recognition of
the fact that it is a good educational site: useful for
teaching and learning and easy to navigate."
- Philip Collie, Schoolzone, United Kingdom
- "I just
visited your tree-ring web page and enjoyed it very
- Pascale Poussart, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Harvard University
website has a lot of useful information for me and I
really enjoyed it. I am a forest pathologist and I use
dendrochronology as a tool for the investigation of
forest decline. Bulgarian forests cover about 30% of the
country's area. Thank you for this wonderful website!"
- Stefan Mirtchev, University of Forestry, Sofia, Bulgaria
- "I am a member of a team of editors
writing the Usborne Science Encyclopedia, a 432-page
highly-illustrated reference book aimed primarily at
- Laura Howell, Usborne Science Encyclopedia, United Kingdom
- "I love this
page, It continues to serve the dendrochronologically
minded community as THE clearing house for resources!
Thank you for your tremendous efforts!"
- Robert T. Trotter, Flagstaff, Arizona
- "I don't know how
you were able to create and maintain such a unbelievable
website... Thank you for all your efforts on the
- Donna J. Christensen, Madison, Wisconsin
- "I really enjoyed your site. Found
it to be very informative and easily understandable."
- Canduace Cloy, Albion, Michigan
- "You have a
very informative website."
- Steve Mayoh, British Columbia, Canada
- "Great pages! Thanks for all
- Melanie Wilson
- "I have been a
visiting scholar at the University of Arizona, Tucson,
on a Haury Fellowship for the past two months, learning
about the application of dendrochronology for
archaeological purposes. The biblilographies from these
web pages will be invaluable when I return to the UK.
This website has a lot of other useful information."
- Paula Gardiner, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- "Your web page is interesting."
- Charlotte Kanabahita, Uganda
- "Thanks to your great web
site, my freshman son got an A on his biology project.
Mark measured the ring widths of a 27" diameter sugar
maple trunk that we counted back to about 1890."
- Elwin C. Robison, Kent, Ohio
- "I have
frequented your most excellent page several times for
the past year looking for references and other stuff."
- Lars Wichmann, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Copenhagen, Denmark
- "I want to
extend a sense of my enjoyment of your web site. Your
conscious effort to create a collaborative learning
process which includes a liberal view of sharing
knowledge is what the future of problem solving is going
to be about... Thank you, Henri, for your attention,
your web site, and the marvelous, creative way that you
are engaged in your work."
- Timothy Down
- "The web pages are clearly written. Because glitz is
minimized, they load fast and in a straight-forward
manner. This is much appreciated. I will recommend your
site to a colleague at Texas A&M..."
- Suzanne H. Costanza, Malden, Massachusetts
- "I just
stumbled across your web page I am really enjoying it.
Thanks for responding to my e-mail and for the
- Chris Smith, Texarkana, Texas
- "Thank you for your instructive site about
- Ulrich Heinen, Köln, Germany
- "I'm trying to prepare and display a
cross-section of swamp white oak (44", taken at 80"
height) that our church took down for parking. I saw the
cross-section at the ranger station at Sabino Canyon
with the University of Arizona credit. Rex Adams gave me
very helpful info and your site. Thank you!"
- Rev. Tom Steensma, Decatur, Indiana
- "Thanks for
the help. My Cub Scout Den is studying forestry, which
includes a requirement to learn about tree rings and
what they tell us about trees."
- M. Beesley, Houston, Texas
- "Good information. Thanks for
putting it together."
- Jay Franklin, Dallas, Texas
- "Nice site."
- John Ohrenstein, Santa Rosa, California
- "Thank you for putting such good
information that folks like me can learn from folks like
you. It took you years to gain this knowledge that I can
gather in a few moments on my computer. Thank you for
sharing with me."
- Russell Odell, Hemet, California
- "I can't even imagine how you can maintain this
site! I am VERY impressed that you do--it's an awesome
resource. Thanks for doing it!!!"
- Brian McCarthy, Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Ohio University
- "Fascinating subject."
- Peter Farmer, Cheltenham, England
- "Great job on the
site! I really like the questions & answers you added to
the photos in the gallery section. That effort really
increases the educational value of your site. I wish
that more people working in the sciences would add
simple language explanations to their sites, as it
provides such a great resource to students! Thanks for
- Janet, Kingfisher Consulting
- "I have been visiting your Ultimate Web Page time to
time. It is very nice and perfect for
dendrochronologists, students and other persons
interested in dendrochronology. Thank you very much."
- Unal Akkemik, Turkey
- "I am a 4th year
student in Honours geography at UWO. This is a
dendrochronology project I am completing for this term.
Topic title: Dendrochronology events (e.g. fire,
avalanches, glacial advance/recession etc.) and what
they tell us about the climatic record. Thank you for
your efforts to expand dendro knowledge to newcomers."
- Bill Phillips, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- "A very interesting site."
- David Smale, Allied Associates Geophysical Limited, United Kingdom
- "Excellent info. Thanks."
- Maris Valkass, Redondo Beach, California
- "This website was
very useful for me in my Introduction to
Dendrochronology course at the University of Winnipeg.
- Karen Dunham, University of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- "I really liked this site
because I had a paper due for anthropology and I could
not find any books on dating methods in the libraries."
- Veronica Martinez
- "Wow! What a site, what a
guy! Two months ago I had never heard of
dendrochronology. I'm a senior at Utah State University
- doing research in an archaeology class. Thanks for the
incredible tour! I'm a tree lover. Bought a house
because of the "largest in town" cottonwood tree. It has
14 large trunks that shoot up from the base in an oval
shape. There's evidence of tree house work 20 feet up on
the trunks. This is a fascinating field, and I
appreciate all of your obvious hard work in making it so
- Bobbe McGhie-Allen, Utah State University
- "I am currently a student at
SCSU and I'm taking a climatology class. This page was
useful for pictures and some basic info. about tree ring
dating. My paper is on dendrochronology and climate
change. Thank you very much."
- Shelley Bell, Southern Connecticut State University
- "I am a
science teacher and I was looking for pictures of
tree-rings to show my students. I thought I'd look on
Yahoo to find some and I must say that I am very
impressed with your website. I am sure I will find what
I am looking for."
- Carole-Lyne Ratel, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- "Thanks for constructing this
site. My Botany 130 students are using it."
- Wendel J. Johnson, University of Wisconsin
- "You have
always been a perfectionist with your home page, and I
greatly appreciate your efforts!!!"
- Pete Groth
- "I really do appreciate the web page...in fact,
much of what I know about tree ring research began right
there! This web site has been of immeasurable help!
Thanks again for taking the time to make such a useful
source of dendrochronology-related science."
- Leda Kobziar, University of California, Berkeley
- "You have a great website that I am in the process of
- Phil Camill, Department of Biology, Carleton College
- "I'm a biology
teacher at a high school in Berlin, Germany and I
enjoyed your pages very much. I can use your information
for my lessons very well. Thank you very much."
- Werner Winkler, Berlin, Germany
- "I love your
web-pages; they have been an excellent sources of
- Jennifer Overman, Wake Forest University
- "What a lot of thought went into
this website! It's really good."
- Michelle Cacho-Negrete, Maine
- "My 13-year-old niece
has a school project on dendroclimatology and wants to
use as part of her report an analysis of wood from three
trees chopped down in her family's yard (Coatesville,
PA) this year. She is starting from scratch--and so am
I, but I was able to print out from your site and its
links what she needs for a beginning (including data for
her city from the National Climactic Data Center). I am
fascinated by what I have learned so far and am pleased
that I am able to help her understand the methodology
that she will not actually be using. Terrific site!
- Jan Trembly, Bryn Mawr College, Pennsylvania
- "Great site! I am a mover of 30"
to 60" (dbh) caliper trees. Everyone wants to know the
age of the trees we are moving."
- Tim Thornhill, Total Landscape Technologies Inc., New York
- "I found your site while looking for information about
tree dating - the information is super! Thanks for the
work you're doing."
- Ray Hasson, Ledyard, Connecticut
- "First of all, thank's for your
wonderful WEB SITE!"
- Franco Bressan, Italy
- "What I've seen so far is very interesting!"
- Molly McGilp, Minnesota
- "Just surfing the
Archnet and found you. I am reading for a Masters Degree
in Forensic Archaeology and I found your site as I
surfed around the Web. I found it very helpful."
- Barrie Simpson, Birmingham, United Kingdon
- "I'm a Certified and Consulting Arborist. Cool stuff!
Just checking it out. Thanks."
- Ken Menzer, Auburn, California
- "Excellent, informative site!"
- Lawrence M. Barker, Norfolk, England
page is very informative."
- Rodney Ninow, Natural Images
- "A continuing thanks for your
- Donald J. McGraw, Associate Provost, The University of San Diego
- "Congrats on the milestone!! I can just imagine the time
and effort you spend on those pages and they are such a
service to the tree-ring community."
- Peter M. Brown, Rocky Mountain Tree-Ring Research, Ft. Collins, Colorado
- "My compliments for your site! Very
- Cor Kwant, The Netherlands
- "We found your web site when looking for high quality
sites dedicated to education, literacy or youth."
- Patrick, Hooked on Phonics
- "Thanks for your
help, and for maintaining your web pages... Great
resource for those not fully indoctrinated into the
- Matt Kaufmann, University of California, Santa Cruz
- "I think you have the
greatest dendro site on the web! Your website is VERY
helpful for students!"
- Anita, University of Tennessee
- "I wanted to write to say thanks
for your homepage and all of your reference collecting.
I have used it extensively and plan to continue to do
so. Thank you for all of your hard work."
- Neil Pederson, Tree-Ring Laboratory, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University
- "I sure
appreciate you dendrochronology web page, it has
excellent information and is so well organized. I have
also told quite a few people about your great page."
- Scott L. Stephens, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California
- "Kudos for your tree ring page. I found all the info. I
need to start tree ring research at Emma Willard School!
Keep up the good work!"
- Jonathan Calos, Emma Willard School, Troy, New York
- "I've just
been browsing tree/plant sites and came across your site
and then on to your homepage. Thanks for a great site
- Martin Froggatt, Derbyshire, England
- "I never understood tree dating and the age of
trees by the rings. I hope to gain knowledge of tree
dating by reading your information you have on your web
site. Thank you."
- Valerie Purry, Jackson, Mississippi
- "Great page! I work for a
horticultural growing media company and am producing an
ad for our forestry products."
- Dave Hackney, Sun Gro Horticulture
- "It is an EXCELLENT
- Yi-ching Lin, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- "I am a third grade science
teacher. I was looking for information on measuring the
age of trees in order to expand my students' knowledge
about measuring. I did a general search on trees and was
intrigued by this listing."
- Nora A. De Los Santos, La Feria, Texas
- "I'm doing a thesis on the
subject of tree-rings and surfing into this site just
opened my eyes. I found great information espacially on
the forum - this is a great idea, and so much easier
then phoning or library search. So, THANKS A LOT, and
I'll surely visit this again (maybe interact on the
- Klaartje van Loy, Belgium
good site with lots of very useful information. Keep up
the good work."
- Michael Worthington, Oxford Dendrochronology Laboratory, England
- "I am a
first grader looking for tree growth ring info for my
apple tree that was blown last week so I can show kids
at school (blown down by a wind storm). My grandpa is
- Tyler Owen, Springville, New York
- "I also wanted to thank you for the excellent
website you've developed. I know it must have been a lot
of work, but it serves as a really valuable resource,
especially for those of us who are neophytes when it
comes to dendrochronology."
- Wayne Harrison, Calaveras District, Arnold, California
- "I'm a
new graduate student in geography at the UofA and am
particularly interested in GIS, cartography and
applications to dendrochronology and old-growth forests.
I'll be back as often as I can - there are some really
useful tips here for me to make notes from before I
start my field work. Thank you for putting this page on
- Suzanne Pride, Department of Geography, University of Arkansas
- "Thanks to you for
having such a great Web site."
- Craig Brunstein, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver, Colorado
- "Very, very impressed with your accomplishments. Keep up
the good work."
- Mel R. Herana, San Diego, California
- "I must admit that your web
page/database is quite impressive. I found so much good
information about dendrochronology."
- Jef DeBerry, Christopher Newport University, Newport News, Virginia
- "I found your web site most useful. Best wishes
- Keith R. Skene, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Dundee, Australia
- "I have visited this page a zillion times and
always find what I'm looking for. I am sitting in a
dendroecology seminar here at SIU and have turned all
the grad students onto it as a resource. They have all
reported loving it. Thanks for your dedication to the
profession. You make so much available to so many."
- Charles Ruffner, Southern Illinois University
- "I surfed in from a link from a geology page at
University of Wisconsin - Stout and like your page."
- Chris Murray, Cedar Crest, New Mexico
have been at your tree-ring pages, and found them
extremely interesting. No doubt you have put a lot of
effort into it... Thank you very much, and
congratulations for your page."
- Daniel Lluch-Belda, Mexico
- "Greetings. I have been searching for
information with pictures about trees, many aspects.
That is how I came to be here. My cub scouts are working
on the Naturalist and Forester activity badges."
- Paula McMillian, Macon, Georgia