Thank you for your feedback!
Please tell me what you think about my web site. What did you like or not like about them? Were they useful and educational? In what areas could I improve these web pages? I take your comments seriously! Simply contact me by e-mail (use the link at the top) and tell me what you think.
Current Feedback Page
Feedback Archive Page 9
Feedback Archive Page 8
Feedback Archive Page 7
Feedback Archive Page 6
Feedback Archive Page 5
Feedback Archive Page 4
Feedback Archive Page 3
Feedback Archive Page 2
Feedback Archive Page 1
- "I cruised around your tree-ring home page and found
some interesting stuff - good job."
- Dana Perkins, Stanley, Idaho
- "I have seen the site that you
maintain on the internet for Tree-Rings and it is very
- Tomas Martin, McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology
- "My daughter is
bringing in a slice of the trunk of an apple tree that
fell during Hurricane Floyd for show and tell to her 1st
grade class this week (I planed and sanded one side of
it, and applied some tung oil, to highlight the rings -
maybe there's a better way but it looks nice). Your site
helped me understand and explain to her the basics of
"reading" tree rings - and I found the information to be
extremely interesting. Many many thanks from Molly and
- Bob Johnson
- "Have a look at the
Ultimate Tree Ring Web Pages which has links to
everything you every wanted to know about
- Barbie Panther, Monash University, Australia
- "Browsing your
excellent web pages. You are doing a great job. Continue
with your good work, Henri."
- Richard L. Holmes, Tucson, Arizona
- "Very nice website!"
- John Pearson, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Des Moines, Iowa
- "Thanks for all this pioneering
work! Come to Michigan and we will take a tree-ring
- Robert R. Bloye, Forestry Department, Michigan State University
- "Thanks for your
- Alejandra Florio, Universidad de Bs.As., Argentina
- "Interesting and informative!
- Amy Parsons, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- "I wanted to thank you again for your
website...it was very helpful in determining what to
purchase. Also, thanks for all the pointers you have
given me in setting up the lab here."
- Deanna McKay, Department of Geography, Colgate University
- "I am very impressed with your tree-ring site and the
landforms and Geog 1112 sites. Do you have other sites?
I am an Earth Space Systems teacher (grades 9-12, small
rural high school, pop. 1200). I would like to include
your site in my Home Page. Is this okay with you? Also,
I am helping NASA develop a new Teacher site. Could we
also include you there? When it is up and running I will
let you know. Hope to hear from you soon."
- Robbie D. Robinett, Ridgely, Maryland
- "Thanks for
maintaining this cool web page and making all this
- Laurie S. Huckaby, Fort Collins, Colorado
- "As part of my
Environmental Technology program I am writing a paper on
Dendrochronology. A great deal of my information was
taken from your wonderful web pages."
- Patricia A. Marlowe
- "Great web site."
- Elwin C. Robison, Kent, Ohio
- "My sincere thanks for
your response concerning dendrochronology. I appreciate
your efforts and your time."
- Paul Beckstrand, Pinehurst, North Carolina
- "Thanks for a great
site and so much information in a understandable format.
I am a fire captain at Santa Barbara fire station 7 and
firescapes demonstration garden."
- John Culbertson, Santa Barbara, California
- "Thanks for your
continuing dedication to the discipline."
- Donald J. McGraw, Associate Provost, The University of San Diego
- "First let me say that your tree-ring page is a
marvel and a tremendous help to me and others connected
- George Zimmerman, Environmental Studies Program, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- "Peter Brown recomended your web page, and it's
been very helpful. Thank you."
- Will Wieder, Colorado College
- "Your web page is a great
resource for tree ring research!"
- Tim Boyle, California State University Northridge
have seen your web pages and they are very helpful and
- Abigail Knight, Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
website has been a great deal of help to me. Thanks for
your time and the great website."
- Jennifer Gibson, National Park Service-Whiskeytown, Fire Management Office
- "How much you accomplish is
unbelievable. I accessed your web site this morning and
once again you have expanded and refined it. I'm sure
the site is invaluable to many others as it was to me."
- Anne Johnson, Honaunau, Hawaii
this is very helpful to our work on the global warming
campaign here at the National Environmental Trust in
D.C. (with field reps doing local press events in 27
- Peter L. Kelley, National Environmental Trust, Washington, D.C.
- "Very good Web
site... I want to thank you in advance."
- Mim A. Romero, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "I have visited
your website - it's great."
- Mark Pretti, Ramsey Canyon Preserve, Hereford, Arizona
information! I am a structural engineer evaluating
century-old wood structures. I needed to find increment
core tools for purchase, and learn some useful tips for
my type of field work (inside abandoned buildings in the
middle of downtown St. Louis - it's more challenging
than you might think). I really found the tips on straws
for cores and core mounting tips to be useful. As soon
as I get my bore tool, I'll be trying these tips out.
- Jim Taylor, St. Louis, Missouri
- "Thank you for a fabulous set of web pages and
links! I've spent the better part of two days reading
your pages and following the links. Wonderful stuff!"
- Pat Murphy, Exploratorium Science Museum, San Francisco, California
- "I recently visited
your home page and found a wealth of information."
- John Wallace, JE Fuller/Hydrology & Geomorphology
- "Very good information for educators."
- Elva Cruz, Puerto Rico
- "Your web page is so all
encompassing that it hard to imagine that you have time
for anything else."
- Anne Johnson, Honaunau, Hawaii
- "I congratulate you on the excellent work you
have done in making so much information available on the
web. Keep up the good work."
- Randy Boggess, Texas
- "Excellent Web Site; only had time to scratch
the surface but will be back!"
- Andy Parks, Faculty of Forestry, University of Toronto, Canada
- "Thanks, best wishes and congratulations for the web
- Horacio Gilabert, Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
- "I really enjoyed your
web site! It was certainly the most comprehensive and
informative look at dendrochronology that I have seen."
- Jon Shepherd, Florida Institute of Technology
- "Let me express my appreciation to your web pages
and joint databases. I use it almost every day (more
frequently than a borer)."
- Tomas Tichy, Department of Botany, Charles University, The Czech Republic
- "Thank you for your help. You have the best Web
Site I have seen. Everything works."
- Woodrow L. Antle, Plantation, Florida
- "Great web site!"
- Max Creasy, Klamath National Forest, California
- "I saw your website and it looks really good.
Your web page was quite inspiring. Thanks for any help
you can provide."
- Robert Borhi, British Columbia, Canada
- "Interested in "The Principle of
Aggregate Tree Growth?" or want to find out why fire is
beneficial to some forests? You’ll find this information
and so much more here at the definitive resource of
dendrochronology (tree ring study). Don’t miss the great
pictures with quiz questions and answers."
- San José State University Botany Web Site
- "First of
all, excellent web page! I am just getting interested in
dendrochronology, which I have found to be a fascinating
- Patrick Spears
- "I've just been
browsing in your dendrochronological page, it's quite
impressive, and overwhelming. You are to be
- David Sims, Internet Content Writing & Editing
- "Very useful web page,
congratulations - deserves an award!"
- Rosa Richards, England
- "I just discovered your web
page on the internet while searching for infomation on
dendrochronology equipment. What I saw in my quick
browsing of your site was quite helpful."
- Alan Stam, Capital University
- "I am helping set up
ecology activities at a Girl Scout Camp in Singapore the
end of this month. One of the badge activities is for
tree ring counting. Thanks. I think your web site is
great -- very easy to access and use."
- Marlene M. Accardo, Singapore
- "Thanks for creating such
an interesting and accessible site! It is clear that you
are highly knowledgeable and a gifted educator."
- Alice, Gloucester, Massachusetts
- "Thank you
for maintaining your web site; I'm truly grateful."
- Risa Madoff, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces
- "Your web pages are looking as good as ever.
Keep up the good work."
- Matt Bekker, University of Iowa
- "I enjoyed your web page a lot and plan
to use the information in a general paleoclimatology
class I will be teaching next year."
- Adina Paytan, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, La Jolla, California
- "I really really enjoyed your
site, and bookmarked it for future viewings -there is so
much information, I don't have time for it all at once!
Our son is doing a science project on tree ring dating,
and it's been fun helping him. Anyway, your site carries
a wealth of information! Thanks in Alaska."
- Connie Tonsgard, Alaska
- "Congratulations on your
useful and really exemplary Tree-Ring Web Pages."
- Klaus-Peter Kelber, Mineralogisches Institut, Universitaet Wuerzburg, Germany
- "Thanx for
spending the time to prepare and maintain such a
well-thought site. It has been an excellent resource for
my daughter's science fair project. Unfortunately, the
plethora of articles and links has proved to be a great
- E. Kusko, Hopewell Junction, New York
- "I am glad to see that there are some good sites
in this field of study."
- Susan, Pembroke Pines, Florida
- "Thank you so much for the dedication
you've poured into your dissertation, the software, and
the web pages. You make the tools wonderfully user
friendly and truly inspire interest in dendro work."
- Joseph Donnegan, Department of Geography, University of Colorado
- "After having seen many badly
designed pages, it was refreshing to find your page.
Nicely organized with graphics that don't interfere with
the information (one of my pet peeves). I teach internet
classes and I think I'll use your page as an example of
good design. You provide your credentials and you've
chosen quality information sites. Good Job! You get an
- Pamela Posz, Reference Librarian, Sacramento City College, California
- "Your website is
very informative and has great links."
- John Paul Roccaforte, School of Forestry, Northern Arizona University
- "What a find! I am an
archaeological conservator in Atlanta, doing private and
contract work. This homepage is great!"
- Katherine Singley, Atlanta, Georgia
- "All I can say is,
"WOW" - what a terrific resource you have created!"
- Jill Minar, Crafton Hills College, Yucaipa, California
- "Your website is fantastic - I will be using it
with a bunch a second and third graders later this
spring. You have a ton of great pictures and some
wonderful facts. Thanks for providing this wonderful
- Jim Reed, Media Specialist, Brainerd Public Schools, Minnesota
- "Dr. Ferguson's
findings were the impetus for us to write "The Ancient
Bristlecone Pine Forest," a guide put together for
laymen. In the process of updating the book, I rely on
your comprehensive site for help. It boggles my mind how
you find time to keep up your useful and informative
- Anne Johnson, Honaunau, Hawaii
want to thank you for all the work that you do with the
web pages for the dendrochronologists of the world."
- Luciana Carotenuto, Italy
- "I am a Junior
Girl Scout Leader in the Buffalo, NY area. This
information will be very helpful for our girls to
complete their Ecology Badge. The information and
pictures were fantastic. I truly appreciate your time
and effort. I never knew so much can be learned about
the environment from the study of tree rings
(Dendrochronology - a knew term for me). Thanks again!"
- Linda Colkitt, Troop 1159, Tonawanda, New York
- "The pages were useful for writing my introduction
to the tree rings/weather lab. It must be a big job
creating and maintaining the site! Thanks from the
geology students at X!"
- Laurie Munro, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
- "Great links and
thorough bibliography, I've very much enjoyed this
- Taylor McKinnon, Flagstaff, Arizona
- "I am a docent at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum.
One of the kits I enjoy interpreting for visitors is the
tree ring kit. Your web site has given me a wealth of
resources which I will share with other docents who also
enjoy doing this kit. So thanks for your help. I am sure
that I will be going back to your web page now that I
have found it."
- Molly Tiss, Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum, Tucson, Arizona
- "... an excellent
- Michael Feller, Forest Sciences Department, University of British Columbia, Canada
- "This is a great reference page. I am doing a
lab on the interactions of tree rings and climate and I
am looking for some background info on tree rings."
- Laurie Munro, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada
- "Great job, very nice to see."
- Matthew Arsenault, University of New Hampshire
found your site to be a great source of information, and
interesting as well. Great pictures!"
- Angela Cunningham, Baylor University, Texas
- "I read
your tree-ring pages with interest and pleasure."
- Georg Wendland, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
- "I enjoyed your site. I have been
cutting down some spruce trees for heating. The one that
I take are bug killed... I found your site by typing in
(tree rings) and it was very helpful. Thank you."
- Bob Langendorfer, Alaska
Grissino-Mayer’s web pages dedicated to dendrochronology
are excellent introductions to the methods and goals of
- Colorado Heritage Education Resource Guide
- A great site... just returned
from the Dendroecological Lab Week in Freiberg where
there was a lot of coverage about this site."
- Joanna Forbes, Forestry Commission, Scotland
- "Your web page is excellent."
- Helen Whiffen, The University of Georgia, Athens
- "I found you
from a write-up in the August issue of Science ... I am
hoping to use the site for my introductory biology
majors course to liven up the part on trees (xylem and
phloem and rings, oh my!)"
- Dr. Penny Bernstein, Kent State University, Stark Campus
- "Lots of
great information here."
- Kevin Bonine, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- "I have been looking
at your web site lately and I think it's really cool. I
like the question part because I'm trying to learn the
- David Dowdy, 4th grade, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- "I wanted to say that your site is
GREAT - very informative."
- Jennifer Rubbo, National Wetlands Center, Lafayette, Louisiana
- "Probably the best website available for tree-ring
(dendrochronology) research. Includes images, facts, and
links to other highly useful resources."
- Willamette University Library Biological Resources, Oregon
- "Great page, the searchable bibliography was
- Kieran Suckling, Tucson, Arizona
- "I'm amazed at the extent of the
resources and ease of operation that your page provides!
I used your searchable database to look up a number of
papers on the matter. ... I will be spending a lot of
time on your page in the near future. Thanks so much!
- Alex Kalejs, Baltimore Ecosystem Study, Maryland
- "I am a seventh grade science teacher in Kansas.
I am attempting to implement dendrochronology into my
class. (We do have trees in Kansas.) Your web sight is
the best! It has been very helpful."
- Gary Pinkall, Kansas
- "On this definitive site for
researchers in the field of dendrochronology, Henri
Grissino-Mayer of Valdosta State University, Georgia,
has recently added a useful and practical list of tools
for conducting field and laboratory research. In
addition to a hypertext-linked list, the site includes
helpful tips to help make the task of tree-ring dating
easier. Back at the "Ultimate" web page, users will find
many interesting facts and beautiful images of ancient
tree cross-sections, complete with question and
- University of Kentucky Library Resources, Lexington, Kentucky
- "Your website seems to
have grown again since my last visit! The new
"Introduction to Crossdating" from Dr. Paul Sheppard at
the Tree Ring Lab is a great addition."
- Leonard Miller, Ancient Bristlecone Pine Website, Sonoma County, California
- "A very good introduction to the
theory and method of dendrochronology. Recommended."
- Prof. Philip Groth, Anthropology Web Hawg
- "I was just looking for info on forestry and mining and
ended up here! I really like your page! And will come
back to look at it further. Keep up the awesome work!!"
- Denise Jindra, Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
- "I do not normally like computers very much but
this is great! I will definitely come back and use this
site in the future. I am just starting to learn
dendrochronology and find it fascinating with much
- Talya Bagwell, Landscape Archaeology, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- "That's great!!! Exactly what I was looking for... I
need this information so much. Thank you."
- Marcin Makocki, Colegio de Postgraduados, Montecillo, Mexico
- "I really liked your site and intend to spend
some more time with it in the future. I am working on an
exhibit and would like to use tree rings to help people
connect a little more to their local history. Thanks."
- Eames Demetrios
- "Great job!!! We needed
somebody to put it all together--thanks!"
- Pater Kakos, Navajo Nation Historic Preservation Department
- "What a great site! I even know where Valdosta
is; spent my boyhood there... Thanks for your help in
this web page!"
- Jon Monson, Greely, Colorado
- "Very much appreciate your website - a wealth of
information to be had."
- Lennart Holmquist, Neuchatel, Switzerland
- "I just found out
about your tree-ring website...it was mentioned in
SCIENCE. There is so much to explore that I will have to
come back many times to see it all."
- Susie Welch, New Mexico Bureau of Mines and Mineral Resources, Socorro, New Mexico
- "Thanks for your good
work -- and fascinating web page."
- Gary Garber, Phoenix, Arizona
- "Your web pages are an
- David Wager, Department of Forest Resources, Utah State University
web site and data base intrigue me. Thank you for
putting it together."
- Karl von Oppen
- "Thanks for all of the clearly-presented and easy to
understand information. I used your site researching in
advance of a Climatology class field trip to the White
Mountain Research Station; now I'm putting together a 15
minute talk on the topic for another course. I was an
undergrad waaaaay before the advent of PC's and the Web;
now I'm glad I waited nearly 20 years to start grad
school... 'cuz with stuff like your work out there, life
is MUCH easier!"
- Tina M. White, California State University, Northridge
- "What an amazing
amount of work you've done. How do you have a life? Your
pages are tastefully and informatively presented. I'll
be spending a lot of time here. Thanks for your
- Ellen Anderson, USDA Forest Service, Juneau, Alaska
- "Henri D. Grissino-Mayer's
environmental web page on tree rings is a great example
of what one person, who is an expert in an important
field in environmentalism, can accomplish. His site
begins with complete definition of dendrochronology,
then shows how it works, how to find more information,
and how to get a job in the field. He even shows you
what tools you'll need (and where to get them) if you
want to experiment with the facts locked up in
tree-rings yourself. Our ancestors didn't keep very good
records on the environment, but trees did. Take a lesson
on Earth's history from a well-thought out website."
- Frank J. Regan, Environmental Site of the Week Award
- "Thanks for a most informative site."
- Bill Cibula, Picayune, Mississippi