My focus is to provide computational websites that address the needs of the risk assessor. There's no need for every environmental engineering firm to reinvent the wheel every time they do a risk assessment. The RAIS was the first website to offer a one stop shopping for risk assessment needs and helped to standardize risk assessments for DOE. The RAIS has been online since 1996. The popularity of the RAIS has helped us to create over a dozen websites for the U.S. EPA that host toxicity information as well as offer calculatoin engines.
These websites and databases are also used in the assessment of Radiological Dispersal Device/Improvised Nuclear Device/Nuclear Power Plant (RDD/IND/NPP) incidents.
Projects I manage:
- The Risk Assessment Information System (RAIS)
- Regional Screening Levels for Chemical Contaminants at Superfund Sites (RSL)
- Regional Removal Management Levels for Chemicals (RML)
- Vapor Intrusion Screening Level) (VISL),
- Preliminary Remediation Goals for Radionuclides (PRG)
- Dose Compliance Concentrations for Radionuclides (DCC)
- Building Preliminary Remediation Goals for Radionuclides (BPRG)
- Dose Compliance Concentrations for Radionuclides in Buildings (BDCC)
- Surface Preliminary Remediation Goals for Radionuclides (SPRG)
- Dose Compliance Concentrations for Radionuclides in Outdoor Surfaces (SDCC)
- Removal Action Levels for Chemicals (RML)
- Radiation Conversion (converts activity to cpm) (CPM)
- Radionuclide Decay Chain