- Susan Benner, first term
- Shavard Branam, first term
- Alecia Davis, second term
- Tara Davis, second term
- Kaylyn Harris, first term
- Marcia Johnson, third term
- Yolanda Kirkpatrick, first term
- Cynthia Manning, first term
- Tenisha Marchbanks, first term
- Lili'a Uili Neville, third term
- Robert Nobles II, first term
- Marshall Steward, first term
- Eric Stokes, first term
- Syed M. Kamal, CFB Graduate Assistant and Representing Council for Diversity and Interculturalism
- Melissa Shivers, Dean of Students
- Tanisha Jenkins, Director of Multicultural Student Life
- Mary Lucal, Interim Assistant Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
- Ronald Bernard McFadden, Representing Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion
- Joanne Hall, Representing Faculty Senate
- Mary Lee Stewart, Representing Exempt Staff Council
- Jennifer Richter, Representing Office of Equity and Diversity
- Phyliss Shey, Representing Commission for LGBT People
- Dana Wilson-Morales, Representing Black Alumni Council
- Aaliyah Johnson, Representing Student Government Association
- Janna Caspersen, Representing Graduate Student Senate
- Mary Papke, Representing Commission for Women
- Joel Kramer, Representing Commission for LGBT People
As a member of the commission, you are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities.
- Serve on one committee OR serve as Chair/Co-Chair of a committee.
- Provide input to the committee.
- Assist with the work on the agenda set forth by committee and/or commission.
- Attend monthly commission meetings.
- Serve as a community liaison for the campus and Knoxville area African American community.
- Bring pertinent issues forth to the Commission.
- Assist with events as necessary (greeting, handing out lunches, set up/take down, etc.)
Committee Chair or Co-Chair
The Commission has four committees: Faculty/Staff/Student Concerns, Bylaws, Awards, and Publicity & Community Outreach. As the chair or co-chair of one of these committees, you are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities.
- Set a goal for the year.
- Communicate with and/or hold meetings with committee to achieve goal set forth.
- Provide updates on committee work to full commission at meetings.
- Provide year-end report on goal.
From the Co-chairs
We are honored and privileged to have been elected co-chairs for the Commission for Blacks. We intend to work hard to ensure that the Commission remains dynamic and forward looking. We intend to live up to the challenge of remaining informed and taking action on concerns specific to the African American community at UT and encouraging African American faculty, staff and student involvement in all aspects of campus life. We will discharge of our duties to the best of our abilities and look forward to working with you this year.
Lili'a Uili Neville
Robert Nobles II