- Logan Brooks, Student Representative
- Margarette Davis, Graduate Student Representative
- Tara Davis, Community member
- Dawn Duke, Modern Foreign Languages and Literature
- Marcia Johnson, Department of Retail, Hospitality, and Tourism
- Karla McKanders, College of Law
- Shawnboda Mead, Office of Multicultural Student Life
- Harlin Miller, Student Representative
- Phyllis Moore, UT Foundation
- Judy McDonald, Facilities Services and Operations Building
- Lili'a Uili Neville, Office of Communications and Marketing
- Richard L. Stokes, Human Resources Consultant
- Diane Tate, Student Representative
- Alecia M. Davis, Chair, Black Faculty and Staff Association
- David Golden, Faculty Senate
- Rickey Hall, Vice Chancellor for Diversity
- Tyler Johnson, Co-Chair, Council for Diversity and Interculturalism
- Joel Kramer, Co-Chair, Commission for LGBT People
- Dana Wilson Morales, UT Knoxville Black Alumni Council
- Mary Papke, Chair, Commission for Women
- Marva Rudolph, Office of Equity and Diversity, and Associate Vice Chancellor for Diversity
- Tyvi Small, Co-Chair, Council for Diversity and Interculturalism
- Phyliss Shey, Co-Chair, Commission for LGBT People
- Maxine Thompson-Davis, Dean of Students, Division of Student Life
- Vice Chancellor for Human Resources (or designee)
- Representative from Exempt Staff Council and Employee Relations Council
As a member of the commission, you are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities.
- Serve on one committee OR serve as Chair/Co-Chair of a committee.
- Provide input to the committee.
- Assist with the work on the agenda set forth by committee and/or commission.
- Attend monthly commission meetings.
- Serve as a community liaison for the campus and Knoxville area African American community.
- Bring pertinent issues forth to the Commission.
- Assist with events as necessary (greeting, handing out lunches, set up/take down, etc.)
Committee Chair or Co-Chair
The Commission has four committees: Faculty/Staff/Student Concerns, Bylaws, Awards, and Publicity & Community Outreach. As the chair or co-chair of one of these committees, you are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities.
- Set a goal for the year.
- Communicate with and/or hold meetings with committee to achieve goal set forth.
- Provide updates on committee work to full commission at meetings.
- Provide year-end report on goal.
If you are interested in being a part of the Commission for Blacks, we invite you to complete our membership form for the 2014-2015 academic year.