The ITRDB Internet Forum
An Internet forum for dendrochronology (ITRDBFOR = originally the "International Tree-Ring Data Bank Forum") has been sponsored by the ITRDB since 1988 as part of the ITRDB mission to foster communication among dendrochronologists worldwide, and to help those collecting and developing tree-ring chronologies throughout the world. Currently, over 800 scientists from 32 countries subscribe to the forum. Anyone interested in dendrochronology can join and participate in the forum, used by members to address important issues confronting dendrochronologists. For example, the forum has been used to:
- discuss current issues relevant to tree-ring research, such as crossdating procedures and available tree-ring software,
- announce upcoming meetings dendrochronologists may wish to attend,
- announce the publication of articles and books relevant to dendrochronology,
- announce and acknowledge recent contributors of tree-ring data to the holdings of the ITRDB,
- foster communication with other members of the forum to help establish new research initiatives, and
- announce news items that other scientists may find useful.
Forum web site: https://itrdbfor.org/wws/arc/itrdbfor. From here, one can join the forum, post messages to the forum, contact the list managers (above), and access previous messages sent to the forum in the archive. Please note that this version of the forum is new as of January 2013 and previous messages sent to the forum are not accessible from this web location.