Check out how much you have learned about the Food Guide Pyramid!
Answer these fifteen questions and check your score to determine your level
of nutrition expertise!
Pyramid Challenge Questions
Choose your answer by clicking on the appropriate letter.
There is only one right answer for each question.
How many food groups are in the Food Guide Pyramid?
Four b. five
six d. eight
2. Why are there six spaces on the Food Guide
There are six food groups with recommendations for daily servings
An extra space is needed for snacks.
The sixth space is for Fats, Oils, & Sweets.
An extra space was drawn for your favorite foods.
3. The base of the Pyramid includes foods we need to
eat the most of.
4. What Food Group serves as the base of the Food Guide
Fats, Oils, & Sweets b.
5. How many servings from the Bread Group do teens need
daily (on the average)?
a. 9 b. 11
6. Which Food Group is made up of plants and is a major
source for Vitamin A?
b. Meat Group
c. Vegetable Group
7. How many vegetable servings do teens need daily?
a. 3 b. 1
c. 6 d. 4
8. What is another plant-based food group that is a
good source for Vitamin C?
b. Fruit Group
Group d. Bread
9. How many servings of Fruits do teens need to eat
2 d. 1
10. Which Food group comes from both plant and animal
b. Vegetable Group
d. Meat Group
11. How many servings do teens need daily from the Meat
b. 16 ounces
d. 8 ounces
12. The Food Group that provides the most calcium is
the Milk, Cheese, and Yogurt Group.
How many servings (on the average) do teens need from the milk group daily?
6 d. 8
servings from the Fats, Oils, & Sweets part of the pyramid.
14. The Food Guide Pyramid recommends that teens
consume at least
15. Which drink should be included in the tip of the
b. skim milk
d. soft drink
HOW DID YOU DO?
FOODS & NUTRITION JUDGING HOME